joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This will crush New England, with possible exception of VT and far w MA, even they are in with a shout.

The slow westward trend on recent model runs, after the big lurch out to sea two days back, seems like it's too close to show time to reverse again, so it would not be surprising if the final track is even closer to Cape Cod, maybe within 50 miles.

And with the thermal contrasts and likely deep center below 960 mbs, this could be a historic storm for both wind and snowfall.

Look for it to ramp up a little faster than current guidance too, would not be surprised if it turns out to be mostly Jan 3rd rather than 4th, but either way, I think it's coming and there's 20-40 inch potential in it. With the entrenched cold air, mixing will not hit land except maybe eastern Nantucket and grazing the outer cape. 

If I'm wrong about this track, look out Nova Scotia cuz you'll get it full blast instead, in fact I think you'll get a big storm in Atlantic Canada anyway on my proposed track, but it will be a mixed bag of precip types. 

Heaviest snowfalls likely to be ORH-CON-LWM

EPS members are pretty evenly split between absolutely nothing and a solid hit.  Certainly more than I expected of huge hits too even back to BTV in the actual individuals. 

Funny a lot of the EPS members have quite the gradient though from SW to NE making me think the bigger hits are coming in on a very negative tilt.

Archived