Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

14 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

There is a fair signal for Saturday at this range. 

Ensembles are definitely setting the table with all the ingredients necessary for a decent icing event. High PWAT, warmer than normal air mass in the Southeast coming north on an anomalous SW flow. Plus you have a building surface high supported by subtle confluence in the mean. 

Now both the GEFS and EPS lift that confluence out quickly, and retreating highs never do as well on the CAD, but it's something to keep an eye on.

We were just talking about this on NWS Chat. I think there's even a nice setup down this way for some glaze. High to the north and a subtle cold tuck behind Friday's deal. I wouldn't be surprise to see some freezing drizzle Friday evening followed by some icing first thing Saturday AM.

Saturday looks pretty awful here in Death Valley. We rot at 35F in the valley until evening with off and on rain. Can't wait. 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CT Rain said:

We were just talking about this on NWS Chat. I think there's even a nice setup down this way for some glaze. High to the north and a subtle cold tuck behind Friday's deal. I wouldn't be surprise to see some freezing drizzle Friday evening followed by some icing first thing Saturday AM.

Saturday looks pretty awful here in Death Valley. We rot at 35F in the valley until evening with off and on rain. Can't wait. 

Yeah I think if we get WAA over that front starting early it would be the ideal set up if you're looking for significant amounts of FZRA, beyond the typical light glaze.

1 hour ago, CT Rain said:

Think you will be hitting wind more than ice

8 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Seriously ?

GFSs always does this with storms. You should know that and stop being an ass.

Ukie has a 1013 low in PA which looks like it's about to transfer st 120 hours.

The low is going over or west of New England.

We will get light to perhaps sporadically moderate snowfall accumulations, maybe some inland ice,  then it will melt.

Wait for verification,  then your dumb a$$ can tell me how mine tastes.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The low is going over or west of New England.

We will get light to perhaps sporadically moderate snowfall accumulations, maybe some inland ice,  then it will melt.

Wait for verification,  then your dumb a$$ can tell me how mine tastes.

Triggered

What's your problem ?

44 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Don't worry, EPO and GEM are on our side.

Yeah, I’m not optimistic.

It seems like the shot of snow that we do have on Friday... has trended north some with 00z, so it’s mostly a CNE/NNE event (snow wise anyway).

Its totally plausible most of SNE sees little or no snow between now through Christmas 

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Yeah, I’m not optimistic.

It seems like the shot of snow that we do have on Friday... has trended north some with 00z, so it’s mostly a CNE/NNE event (snow wise anyway).

Its totally plausible most of SNE sees little or no snow between now through Christmas 

I think we'll end up getting front end action...esp north of the pike. THAT is where the neg EPO factors in....that high means bussiness. But it will warm up.

Anthony, we'll see what happens. I'm done clogging the thread with garbage.

Funny thing is, I'd love nothing more than for you to be right...good luck with that.

Archived