joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2012 was the last year that didn't have a full grinch storm (or 55-60F highs) within 3 days of Christmas. We did have kind of an ugly event on the 21st but it wasn't a true cutter. Actually gave mostly snow to NNE. 

We made up for it though with an inch of snow on Christmas morning. 

32 minutes ago, wkd said:

Scott, I apologize if you took my comment personally.  I should have made a separate post. This subforum has among the best mets giving model analysis and is usuallly the go to place when threats are on the horizon.

Sadly there are no threats other than Grinch

At least for a little while

I want to see how the ski resorts spin Saturdays weather forecast

"peeks of refreshing sunshine possible (0% chance), with refreshing comfortable temps, and a small (large) chance of non crystalline precipitation that was previously snowflakes

should you finish skiing our delightful slopes early  (due to being sopping wet)take a walk thru the spa , gift shop or restaurants and do some last moment shopping (to offset our losses on ticket sales from those that can read a accurate weather report)

24 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I want to see how the ski resorts spin Saturdays weather forecast

"peeks of refreshing sunshine possible (0% chance), with refreshing comfortable temps, and a small (large) chance of non crystalline precipitation that was previously snowflakes

should you finish skiing our delightful slopes early  (due to being sopping wet)take a walk thru the spa , gift shop or restaurants and do some last moment shopping (to offset our losses on ticket sales from those that can read a accurate weather report)

You just tell it like it is...or at least write it like a NWS forecast.  

"Today's forecast calls for cloudy skies with occasional rain showers.  High temps will range from the upper 30s at the summit to the upper 40s in the base area.  Winds are expected out of the southwest at 35-50mph across the summit."

The weekend before Christmas is always dead.  Even this weekend is dead despite a couple feet of snow this week.  It's a ghost town out there.  

2 hours ago, wkd said:

Scott, I apologize if you took my comment personally.  I should have made a separate post. This subforum has among the best mets giving model analysis and is usuallly the go to place when threats are on the horizon.

There is crap on the horizon, so that explains it.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I do, too....but lots of work to do for my area to end up with above avg snow this month.

The area from me to you probably on the lower side for anomalies. But so far..I am pleased with the wintry appeal. That won't last if we get the annual Christmas cutter...but I may forgive some if we can get some action in between (and including) Christmas and NY. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

The area from me to you probably on the lower side for anomalies. But so far..I am pleased with the wintry appeal. That won't last if we get the annual Christmas cutter...but I may forgive some if we can get some action in between (and including) Christmas and NY. 

Yea, month isn't over, but many "ifs".

Archived