Newest Member
    joxey
Winter model mehhem or mayhem nature will decide

weathafella

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’m kind of hoping if it does look to materialize..that the timing gets moved out a day or so??  Being it’s 8-9 days out it could I suppose?? 

The 18z GFS had it 964mb right over CAR on the 31st, lol, I'm sure this is going to change going forward.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

The 18z GFS had it 964mb right over CAR on the 31st, lol, I'm sure this is going to change going forward.

Lol of course cuz I’ll be coming home that day.  Oh well...we’ll see?  Like I said..if it could get pushed out by a day..would make all the difference...assuming it even materializes at all.   

1 hour ago, Roger Smith said:

Perigeean full moon Jan 2 0225z

Any strong onshore winds Dec 31 to Jan 4 will come with enhanced tidal ranges.

ECM depiction looks like a raging southeast backing to northeast wind for MA, NH and ME coastal regions.

The energy peak is dual (Dec 31 21z and Jan 2 02z) meaning long-duration intense storm possible if it actually develops off Cape Cod as depicted. Could be a very fast pressure drop with this. Superstorm potential and right on NYE, has there ever been a blizzard right on NYE in modern times? (If ECM progression is right, any coastal rain will be brief and mostly confined to s.e. MA by height of storm). 

Exciting to watch anyway, could be a more pedestrian nor'easter as per the GFS scenario. But extreme cold, crashing heights and that external energy peak almost always a recipe for a memorable storm. 

Lock it in Full moon goon to end the year,  Been on our radar since October 

2 hours ago, LurkerBoy said:

Sounds like Scott said they’re bad 

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What?

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

My 7 month old has better comprehension skills then some of you.

9 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Holy Fook.

54 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

But but Scooter said they were bad

eps_acc_snow_massachusetts_348.png

there.  all in one post

3 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

00z GFS starts snowing on Friday 18z and is still snowing to beat the band 24 hours later, hour 186, DC is getting feet of snow per the GFS

If this came to pass it would be quite interesting. Strung out low gets pulled back by an ULL. 

• 1005 37 72
  • 1001 38 66
  • 998 38 66
  • 990 38 66 (secondary 993 38 71)
  • 983 39 70 (secondary 991 38 73)
  • 974 41 66 (secondary 986 38 70)

Let's move that a little north and west, please, phase it a little more … there's some potential.

Just now, FRWEATHA said:

Just to clarify. Is it showing a long duration storm here too? Or just for DC?

It snows for a while... but we are on the Northern Fringe. Set up is almost certainly different... but it kind of reminds me of the storm NYC got like 30” and most of SNE like 6” or so... at least snowfall distribution wise.

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It snows for a while... but we are on the Northern Fringe. Set up is almost certainly different... but it kind of reminds me of the storm NYC got like 30” and most of SNE like 6” or so... at least snowfall distribution wise.

This storm will come up the coast to the benchmark, much more widespread totals potentially, NAO is not super negative during this time frame, so suppression in my opinion isn't on the table, goodnight everybody

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Well still plenty of time. Sounds like me you and James may be in better shape for this one since Christmas seems to be going down the drain.

18 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

TBlizz with 16 to 18 shown, lol fringed

Archived