Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

5 minutes ago, KeithB said:

Yea...Very nice storm. 12 inches and coming down pretty hard in Pomona NY

Rockland was definitely a dividing line. Parts of eastern rockland have about 6" (though to be fair over 4" of that was from 4 pm on) and it ramps up quickly heading west. 

14"+/31*/N15<>20/S+++

Fookin Krazy out there :) Can't see the stop sign on the corner ~300 feet away, sideways snow for hours on end, driveway banks are already head high and I'm thoroughly exhausted and will likely have to go back out a couple more times to play with the shovel. Good thing Acme had Hostess products on sale this morning :lol:

17 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Nice to see folks gliding past the 1 foot mark. The gunshots have commenced here, evergreens are gonna look atrocious for a few years after this week. 

Yep, hearing a “gunshot” in the dark woods is always an attention getter...a bunch of crappy sumacs getting destroyed here, good riddance. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

At 19 inches here and lights starting to flicker, still heavy snow.

I don't cry Uncle ever in a snow storm but if it means keeping power, Uncle.

Yep. I have 11” here and it’s tapering down. I’m not upset.  Lights went out for about 30 seconds, long enough for me to yell the F dash dash dash word a few times. 

22 minutes ago, snywx said:

Lights have been flickering for the past 15 mins. Thankfully the generator is ready to go :)

Yep a few flickers here too. The streets on either side of me are out judging by the generators running on both sides. I've got my (shiny new) 5500 all fueled up and ready to go and all of the wires are still in place from yesterday.

Still dumping. These 3"+/hr rates are just nutty especially since it's been this way without letting up since before 2pm. I spent almost 2 hours shoveling and there's easily 8" new since I started at a bit before 4. I came in at 6 and the plow just went by again, the new plow pile is up to my mailbox :( Looks like another 2 hours of exercise is ahead of me.

I phone. Says my post size is too large. As you can tell I'm a novice with tech. 
Ah, darn. I personally despise iPhone & don't know anything about it. My work cell doesn't have a case since I hope one day I'll be able to get an Android after it falls accidentally

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018