• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

The night before a big storm is always such a treat. You never know if it'll be the last one for a couple years or more so you try to savor it the best you can. Just sit on the porch with a drink and a nice cigar, watch the stars gradually fade from view as the baroclinic leaf starts streaming in, and thank the fates that we don't live in Florida 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

The night before a big storm is always such a treat. You never know if it'll be the last one for a couple years or more so you try to savor it the best you can. Just sit on the porch with a drink and a nice cigar, watch the stars gradually fade from view as the baroclinic leaf starts streaming in, and thank the fates that we don't live in Florida 

Post of the day! 

10 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Including northeast corner of nj, no?

Sussex County would be favored there in terms of NJ. We all do extremely well obviously but the death band would be west. The good news is that we're on the warm side of the gradient so we wouldn't be choked by subsidence so much as the corridor on the other side of the frontogenetic circulation.

2 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

Banter..., but the discourse in this thread is always at a higher level than the main thread. Is it a by-product of living in the rural areas?

Cheers gents; let's put up some big time totals tomorrow. 

My guess is we’re older than some of the posters in the model thread?

5 minutes ago, ForestHillWx said:

Banter..., but the discourse in this thread is always at a higher level than the main thread. Is it a by-product of living in the rural areas?

Cheers gents; let's put up some big time totals tomorrow. 

2 minutes ago, Hitman said:

We have a great little community of folks in here for sure. I think the biggest factor is that most of the guys here have been around the block a few times and have seen it all... feast, famine, model busts in both directions. They know it's just the weather and you can't control it. I joined eastern about a decade ago and I'm still pretty much a newbie compared to many of my interior comrades.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

We have a great little community of folks in here for sure. I think the biggest factor is that most of the guys here have been around the block a few times and have seen it all... feast, famine, model busts in both directions. They know it's just the weather and you can't control it. I joined eastern about a decade ago and I'm still pretty much a newbie compared to many of my interior comrades.

That’s a terrific summary. I may have been on these boards longer, 20 years now, but your knowledge makes me look like I oughta be asking if the mayor is going to close NYC schools tomorrow. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Hitman said:

I certainly am. There's a few that are quite a bit older than me but just a few. 

16 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Yup, just a much more mature group. We really should have a gtg sometime this year. 

I've been around these boards about as long as Rob. There were two before Eastern, the names are getting away from me though. It's been a fun run for sure.

Doesn't it figure, I didn't think we were going to get power back before the storm so I went and got a nice generator this afternoon. Got it all set up and running and right about sunset the power kicked back on. 

So about tomorrow - I'm figuring 10-12" with a fair bit of wind. Sunday really looks interesting too.

2 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

I go back to the days of WWBB ( before eastern) around 2003 back when regional subforums didn't exist. It was pure madness! lol.. I also remember when we decided to create our own little thread here. Best thing we ever did!

Yup, just a much more mature group. We really should have a gtg sometime this year. 
I've been around these boards about as long as Rob. There were two before Eastern, the names are getting away from me though. It's been a fun run for sure.
Doesn't it figure, I didn't think we were going to get power back before the storm so I went and got a nice generator this afternoon. Got it all set up and running and right about sunset the power kicked back on. 
So about tomorrow - I'm figuring 10-12" with a fair bit of wind. Sunday really looks interesting too.
We be mature, mon!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I certainly am. There's a few that are quite a bit older than me but just a few. 

For me, before here going back through them there was Eastern, WWBB, then the good ole ne.weather back in the late 90s. I know I’ve mentioned it before, but I recall DT screaming at me that I was a moron and there was no way it was snowing up here as hard as it was LOL. He was quite a trip back then. 

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018