Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

7 minutes ago, snywx said:

If this storm pans out it will go down as a march to remeber for the interior! All 0z guidance is west so far. 

Yeah, I'm trying to preserve my battery and mobile data but it's looking pretty nice for the interior. Hopefully the EC does anything besides tick east again... while a sizeable west shift would be grand, I don't necessarily weigh it heavily enough against the rest of the models anymore that its cooperation is crucial to holding my interest. We'll do this thing with or without the Euro!

Just now, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, I'm trying to preserve my battery and mobile data but it's looking pretty nice for the interior. Hopefully the EC does anything besides tick east again... while a sizeable west shift would be grand, I don't necessarily weigh it heavily enough against the rest of the models anymore that its cooperation is crucial to holding my interest. We'll do this thing with or without the Euro!

The euro isn't the same anymore. Can't believe I'm saying this but the NAM has performed quite well in its midrange. Hopefully it's leading the way again with this one 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

The tunnel vision that people have when looking at models still amazes me.  I see someone say "Yeah. Model A looks just like Model B" and then I look at the big picture and just SMH.

lol.. The GGEM is a perfect example. Damn thing was a whiff all the way to eastern LI 24 hrs ago now it has warning snows back here. Yeah it looks nice right now but cmon its trended so far west its obvious where its going

3 minutes ago, snywx said:

lol.. The GGEM is a perfect example. Damn thing was a whiff all the way to eastern LI 24 hrs ago now it has warning snows back here. Yeah it looks nice right now but cmon its trended so far west its obvious where its going

Oh, I'm not even getting into looking at trends, that concept is lost on way too many.  I just mean folks that think because two models spit out the same snow on their house that the two models "look the same".  Then you look the the qpf for a different location and see one model shows 1" and the other showing .25". :facepalm:

• Haha 1

I have power! Like Rob said earlier, definitely a feeling of elation. Hopefully @gravitylover isn't far behind.

Glad to see the afternoon models have held serve or even continued to improve for the interior. The RGEM is a thing of beauty... overrunning snows start late tomorrow evening and stick around until ridiculously dynamic banding sets up for the afternoon and evening. I remember during the storm last March that we kept rooting for it to come west until we ended up in the ML dryslot which really cut down on totals in eastern NY. Have to keep an eye on that this time around.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I have power! Like Rob said earlier, definitely a feeling of elation. Hopefully @gravitylover isn't far behind.

Glad to see the afternoon models have held serve or even continued to improve for the interior. The RGEM is a thing of beauty... overrunning snows start late tomorrow evening and stick around until ridiculously dynamic banding sets up for the afternoon and evening. I remember during the storm last March that we kept rooting for it to come west until we ended up in the ML dryslot which really cut down on totals in eastern NY. Have to keep an eye on that this time around.

Hoping the snow will be drier than last storm with better ratios. 

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018