Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018

snywx

17 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I'm already feeling the pang of post-storm depression. Hopefully we get one more event before the annual 8-month cycle of ennui starts.

That potential band you mentioned last night on the 0z NAM def materialized but instead it parked itself from NE NJ right up into eastern orange county. My folks in Highland Mills are reporting 22-23"

21 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Wow. I had heavy snow today but didn’t touch what I saw last March here.  

It was easy 3"/hr rates in there.. I had that last March as well but I guess since this came as a surprise it had a different feel. At one point today I didn't think we would hit double digits then bam

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

I'm already feeling the pang of post-storm depression. Hopefully we get one more event before the annual 8-month cycle of ennui starts.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean.  I am picturing myself right now in the middle of July sweltering and chasing away bugs, fondly remembering today.  That is what exactly happened last July when I remembered the blizzard on March 14 a year ago. 

Fingers crossed for Monday. 

12 minutes ago, snywx said:

Finally you get to jack in one of these big events! I think I mentioned early on to you that I felt your area was gonna do best. 

Thanks man!  Yeah you did mention it.  That band was wicked.  Social media reported 25" in Butler and Kinnelon, but 23" was my most consistent measurement so I feel comfortable.

35 minutes ago, snywx said:

Alot of 20"+ reports coming in now. Very impressive

Yeah, that's incredible. Like you said, the potential for a proficient band was well advertised by the mesos, but I never would have guessed we'd see a big swath of 20+ totals... more like a couple isolated spots. There were even a couple 20.0" reports in northern Dutchess and Columbia, but both were sourced from facebook and end in "point zero" so who knows about those, lol. Really nice performer for the interior.

13.1" as I prepare for bed. One of those little low-level HV convergence bands has set up over me as they often do in the wake of big coastal lows... probably a few tenths of an inch per hour, just enough to keep my total from being final. :)

• Like 1

• IrishRob17 changed the title to Interior NW Burbs & Hudson Valley Second Half 2018