Newest Member
    joxey
Summer Banter & General Discussion/Observations

CapturedNature

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, wxmanmitch said:

I finally caved and installed the window AC as it was above 80° F in here. I was able to duke it out during the May hot spell because the dew points were lower, but not this time. It went in about 2 weeks later than normal this year as it typically goes in around Memorial Day.

There are lots of motorcycles with CT, NY, and NJ tags on route 7 northbound today and I'm nearly 200 miles from Laconia. I wonder if they're all heading up that way for Bike Week. 

There was a big bike gathering in Lake George, NY. I saw billboards for it last week down there. I think it's called Americade?

5 hours ago, CT Rain said:

I still haven't installed. It was beautiful last night with the windows open.

Could have some big bangers on Tuesday. Looks like a nice setup even down to the beaches. 

It honestly looks like it could be one of those south coast/South Shore specials. Backdoor arrives just as those places max out instability and we pop a few big ones on CAPE alone. Though SNE is broadly on the southern fringe of the westerlies, so marginal shear is hanging around.

BTV in full torch mode... back-to-back hours of 94F at the ASOS, so we'll see if they tickled 95/96F between hours when the highs come out at 00z.

So far BTV is the hottest I've seen in New England as far as hourly obs go with those two 94s.

Over this way, the hottest ASOS reading at MVL has been 87F for hourly but likely spiked higher between hours.  As usual over here we'll have a high that's probably at least 5F lower than BTV despite only like 400ft of elevation difference.

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This ridge really under performing down the stretch.  No MOS has Logon getting an heat wave out of this deal from 12z...

Looking back, there's too much gradient across Canada.

Unless we pop widespread 95+ tomorrow.

idk...we're getting a late afternoon push with that 21-00z bump in the 850s. Lots of 93-94 readings in the warm spots. Looks like 18C 850s got you 34C at the sfc. So a solid 16C. We dried the soil out more today and will have a better launching pad tomorrow...maybe more sun too.

46 minutes ago, dendrite said:

idk...we're getting a late afternoon push with that 21-00z bump in the 850s. Lots of 93-94 readings in the warm spots. Looks like 18C 850s got you 34C at the sfc. So a solid 16C. We dried the soil out more today and will have a better launching pad tomorrow...maybe more sun too.

MOS already picking up on it.

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yesterday was not 90

today and tomorrow

not tuesday

not heat wave. 

if tuesday pulls it off - okay..but machine numbers don't support it as of 12z see 

like i said -

You're wrong John.  Yesterday wasn't in play. Latest MOS has 95/89 for BOS Monday and Tuesday after hitting 91 today.

i love you man but I think you're overthinking this.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Who painted all the runways with flex seal?

Wouldn't expect anything less from BTV.

Looks like 88F here in the valley at MVL.  

I will say the PWS around BTV were widespread mid-90s though...I even saw a couple 96-97F just south of there.  True baking it seemed.

55 minutes ago, weathafella said:

You're wrong John.  Yesterday wasn't in play. Latest MOS has 95/89 for BOS Monday and Tuesday after hitting 91 today.

i love you man but I think you're overthinking this.

what ... a heat wave is three days, not two 

appears you aren't thinking enough - :) 

two days doesn't make a heat wave.  As I said, as of 12z MOS fails a heat wave - 

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

two days doesn't make a heat wave

He means Sunday Monday Tuesday if BOS gets to 90 on Tuesday...not sure that happens

Only got to 87 here. I blame those clouds.    I think we do better than 90 tommorrow 

7 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

two days doesn't make a heat wave.  As I said, as of 12z MOS fails a heat wave - 

We're talking past each other.  MOS for Tuesday is up to 89 and as you acknowledged-90 could easily be reached.  If so that's 2 three day heat waves before the solstice despite an anomalously cold background.  That to me is impressive if we pull it off.

2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

We're talking past each other.  MOS for Tuesday is up to 89 and as you acknowledged-90 could easily be reached.  If so that's 2 three day heat waves before tho solstice despite an anomalously cold background.  That to me is impressive if we pull it off.

well if that's what you mean sure - i'm on board. 

ha....  I was just being overly fastidious about official. 

yeah, i want it only because isn't this the first time in history Boston will have clocked two heat waves this early?   I think that's true - 

Archived