Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Woodford is the crest...so they get smoked on both E and W flows events...one of the reasons it is such a weenie spot.

I guess if you wanted to get really picky, Searsburg would be slightly better on E flow since they are a few miles E of Woodford. I think there's a couple motels between Wilmington, VT and Searsburg. Good elevation though not as high as Woodford or downtown Searsburg.

6 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Can frontolysis be considered like subsidence or is just much weaker (or weakening) frontogenesis?

frontolysis

1. The dissipation of a front or frontal zone.

2. In general, a decrease in the horizontal gradient of an air mass property, principally density, and the dissipation of the accompanying features of the wind field.

Must give credit to:
http://glossary.ametsoc.org/wiki/Main_Page

2 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

frontolysis

1. The dissipation of a front or frontal zone.

2. In general, a decrease in the horizontal gradient of an air mass property, principally density, and the dissipation of the accompanying features of the wind field.

trying to perhaps make a connection that with the decrease in the gradient and features of the wind field if this nets towards establishing lower divergence and upper convergence

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Will not to put you on spot but what areas do you think have best shot for 2'

Elevations in NE PA E NY Berks etc

Highlands NW of ALB, Poconos, Catskills, and prob Greens...Berks def in play too though they won;t get the deformation goods like further W...but they get a bigger piece of the WCB.

21 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

I'm going with a 15-20 range for this part of CT into Springfield MA.  I would love to see 24 but unless the banding is absolutely perfect I would have to favor the high terrain in NW HFD and NE Litchfield and up the East slopes of the Berks just west of the valley.

God bless you in Enfield....Wiz has me down.....

35 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Harvey took em down again Boston area and SE 

You mean from the 11pm ish forecast? I think Harvey is asleep. Big day ahead of him tomorrow. Still says 8-12 inches for Boston area, which most local forecasters are shooting for.

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Not really, a little sleet wont hurt though if the really amped solutions verify. I'm interested to see if the nw trends today were an over correction.  

they show a lot of maps in the nyc forum and everyone has cut back by several inches in my area, I am terribly worried. Best of luck to you

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

We should be good for a foot. But i think those 15-25, 16-24 amounts are insanely high for us imo.

YEah, I'm fine with that. 2 12 inchers on the season is nothing to sneer at. I just want this damn subsidence hole by Bridgeport to get out of here so I can see some flakes!

Archived