• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14 Storm

25 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

OT but has anyone been looking at the longer range? Specifically the Euro for next Sunday Monday Tuesday?

10 minutes ago, susqushawn said:

Euro has another coastal stall off the coast and drop 6"+ around city N&E.  2 vorts phase with serious negative tilt and eventually stacked cutoff.  

Seriously???

I know most have had a bad winter, snow wise, but is this really necessary? Ma Nature is taking this backloaded winter stuff to the extreme if that were to happen. If we can get 12-18 regionwide with this storm, then I'm ok with winter fading into spring. Especially considering that it'll stay fairly cold (by March standards) and the snow we get probably will stick around for at least a few days.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Voyager said:

Seriously???

I know most have had a bad winter, snow wise, but is this really necessary? Ma Nature is taking this backloaded winter stuff to the extreme if that were to happen. If we can get 12-18 regionwide with this storm, then I'm ok with winter fading into spring. Especially considering that it'll stay fairly cold (by March standards) and the snow we get probably will stick around for at least a few days.

no other support whatsoever that I can find.  For now, back to our regularly scheduled programming

AEE7E7D0-145B-45CB-A37E-1100C4C7D634_zps

21 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

0z suite was amazing. 6z NAM continues to slowly come in line with other guidance. 6z GFS (gfs in general) still struggling to bring the storm North even during the period of peak intensification.....it keeps redeveloping the slp to the East on top of convection and is currently the outlier. 6z RGEM may be another big hit when extrapolating and would support the 0z CMC. NCEP folks tossed the Euro op and suggest the ens mean is more realistic (16-18" snowfall mean SE PA). Everything is falling in to place I will not have access to internet today again which is probably good but as soon as I do around 8PM I will make my call. Keep in mind while things look good right now we are still 36 hours from the onset and we could still get a last minute shift or adjustment. Great spot to be tho right now, no doubt.

Going to be interesting where the mix line sets up shop. Historically it will be all snow to a mix line around Swedesboro NJ

As the storm bombs out it snows back to Cape May.

1st call - PHL airport 9.7 inches

AC airport - 5.7

Plymouth Meeting 14 inches

Mt Pocono - 20 or more

my call back in the middle of November  -

https://www.americanwx.com/bb/topic/48844-predict-the-date-first-bonafide-noreaster-of-the-season/?do=findComment&comment=4327194

B)

Siberia, siberia, siberia..

with such an unusually strong and consistently cold pattern continuing over Siberia for the next 2 weeks plus..   (when you hear their closing schools in Russia , just from the cold...you know it's bad) 

I wouldn't be surprised to see this winter last longer than other winters, for the U.S.   A record cold Spring wouldn't surprise me.  

With the PV more spread out, and not piling up the cold near the north pole, like it typically does this time of year.... expect a more spread-out cold pattern..  with lesser chances of brutally cold outbreaks , but higher chances of generally cold outbreaks.  (0 to 30F )

A late start , but it'll hang around.  

February - April could be the most interesting, winter storm wise. 

Latest Wxsim with 12z NAM/ 6z GFS combo - pushing a general 7" to 12" event in the NW Philly burbs....here in Palm Harbor FL where I will be for this storm it is Partly Sunny and 74 right now...

Monday night: Mostly cloudy to cloudy in the evening, becoming dense overcast
 after midnight. A slight chance of snow in the evening, then snow likely after
 midnight. Low 25. Wind chill ranging from 15 to 32. Wind southeast around 5 mph
 in the evening, becoming east-northeast around 9 mph, gusting to 17 mph, after
 midnight. Chance of precipitation 70 percent. Precipitation (liquid equivalent)
 mostly around half an inch. Snow accumulation 3 to 5 inches.

Tuesday: Dense overcast. Snow likely in the morning, then a chance of snow in
 the afternoon. High 31. Wind northeast around 11 mph, gusting to 18 mph, in the
 morning, becoming 5 mph, gusting to 17 mph, in the afternoon. Chance of
 precipitation 80 percent. Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly around half
 an inch. Snow accumulation 2 to 4 inches.

Tuesday night: Dense overcast. Patchy light fog after midnight. Snow likely in
 the evening, then a chance of snow after midnight. Low 26. Wind chill ranging
 from 18 to 29. Wind east-southeast near calm in the evening, becoming north
 around 5 mph, gusting to 18 mph, after midnight. Chance of precipitation 70
 percent. Precipitation (liquid equivalent) mostly around a quarter of an inch.
 Snow accumulation 2 to 3 inches.

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Instead of zeroing in on a consensus at 12z a big difference between NAM/RGEM and GFS. The forums to the NE says GFS is wrong with convection off the coast. The MA crew thinks it is right cause it has more snow for them. 

Lol...that's funny. But feel bad for them...because they get shafted just about every time.

26.9F

Archived