• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13-14 Storm

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

NAM 4k and NAM 3k are sweet. crushers. Nudge East near our latitude keeping the snow going and getting parts of the region under the deform band. Good run imo. Not perfect and yet another solution. Steady as she goes.

Well that's good, because the 12k NAM doesn't give any snow to Lower Bucks, Philadelphia County, Chester County and everyone east of there.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fwiw, 12k thermals are wonky. If the low were occluding and cutting off I could buy the uber warm look, but the critical levels should be crashing. Couple that with the extreme dynamics, frontogenic lift, and intense convection exploding NW of the slp those rates even on the 12k should have borderline areas as blinding snow. The trend is now also to have heaviest precip falling before sunup. Another plus. The mega precip rates on the 12k echo the 3k so there is support. The 3k (the highest resolution) shows what could happen if dynamic cooling occurs with those insanely heavy rates. NAM was a solid step imho.

Shiet no!

Thinking about punching myself in the face at this point.

Why?? If someone held a gun to my head right now and said make a call for our area (DYL reporting station) I would say 7-14" with no hesitation. Thats a damn good storm dude. I dont get the gloom and doom in here, I really dont lol. I know its been a rough winter but this is a nice way to end a lousy season.

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Why?? If someone held a gun to my head right now and said make a call for our area (DYL reporting station) I would say 7-14" with no hesitation. Thats a damn good storm dude. I dont get the gloom and doom in here, I really dont lol. I know its been a rough winter but this is a nice way to end a lousy season.

It's because we've seen the 7-14 @48 hours turn into 1-3.  You may think you can handle Lucy, the rest of us have PTSD.

And to think if you want to stay up for the euro, you'll lose an hour of sleep after as well.....

Just look at it in the AM. Sacrificing sleep to make tomorrow a wreck just to see data "hot off the presses" isnt worth it imo when u can see the same exact data output when you wake up after a good night's sleep.

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Just look at it in the AM. Sacrificing sleep to make tomorrow a wreck just to see data "hot off the presses" isnt worth it imo when u can see the same exact data output when you wake up after a good night's sleep.

I don't ever stay up for that anymore.  Just poking fun at those who do.

It's because we've seen the 7-14 @48 hours turn into 1-3.  You may think you can handle Lucy, the rest of us have PTSD.

Lucy cant handle this. That Comcast building top floor has her name all over it. She better not whiff us. Like I said earlier, Lucy has everything, all the ingredients, lined up that we need. It looks like she will allow Mother Nature a fg attempt for realz this time. Its up to MN now to nail the fg and not hit the upright or shank it.

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Lucy cant handle this. That Comcast building top floor has her name all over it. She better not whiff us. Like I said earlier, Lucy has everything, all the ingredients, lined up that we need. It looks like she will allow Mother Nature a fg attempt for realz this time. Its up to MN now to nail the fg and not hit the upright or shank it.

Lucy will leave the ball but just flip the laces, and Mother Nature will be Finkel... or is it Einhorn....

6 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Hell, I'd take 6 in right now (no sexual comments) .. It's March and we have snow on ground and it's f'en cold out there. What more can we ask for? I'll easily take a walk and be happy...it's certainly cool.

Archived