• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
March 13-14 Storm

4 hours ago, RedSky said:

Wait until Newman wakes up and sees the Kuchera making Berks ground zero with 34" lol

Im cautiously anxious about this, however it seems as though all the models now at least have the storm and seem to moving towards some sort of agreement. Im still not going all in till Late Sunday at earliest.  

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

Im cautiously anxious about this, however it seems as though all the models now at least have the storm and seem to moving towards some sort of agreement. Im still not going all in till Late Sunday at earliest.  

I may actually just not look at any weather models today to save me from getting too excited or despair. Too much good college basketball today anyway.

20 minutes ago, Newman said:

I may actually just not look at any weather models today to save me from getting too excited or despair. Too much good college basketball today anyway.

God bless!

My brain is exhausted from this weather stuff. What happens...is going to happen. Tracking kills your brain cells...

1 hour ago, Birds~69 said:

God bless!

My brain is exhausted from this weather stuff. What happens...is going to happen. Tracking kills your brain cells...

Yes indeed. Honestly, we know its going to snow. College Basketball on the other hand, its March and anything can happen. Next week may be the best week of my life with a heavy snowstorm followed by march madness. Nothing can beat that!

It is seeming more and more likely that Lucy is NOT going to pull the ball away at the last second and will allow Mother Nature to attempt the kick. I just hope she doesn't hit the upright. Im seeing some subtle concern (panic?) in the MA thread regarding the trend for a weaker NS lp which doesnt allow for the tug of precip to the NW until the system is past them. Personally I think DCA and nearby are fine. SW of there into VA is fading. If the trend for the NS to not dig as much continues, then the MA certainly has valid concern. And IF the trend continues, our region would be next on the concern list. However, I still think we are fine, I still think DC is fine. The SW extent of the storm is always a concern. Hoping for good vibes today and steady modeling with little trending either way. Wobbles are acceptable at this range. Off to work....have a great day guys. Hold it together and see y'all tonight!

1 hour ago, Newman said:

Yes indeed. Honestly, we know its going to snow. College Basketball on the other hand, its March and anything can happen. Next week may be the best week of my life with a heavy snowstorm followed by march madness. Nothing can beat that!

That would be unthinkable crazy good stuff!!!

2 hours ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

It is seeming more and more likely that Lucy is NOT going to pull the ball away at the last second and will allow Mother Nature to attempt the kick. I just hope she doesn't hit the upright. Im seeing some subtle concern (panic?) in the MA thread regarding the trend for a weaker NS lp which doesnt allow for the tug of precip to the NW until the system is past them. Personally I think DCA and nearby are fine. SW of there into VA is fading. If the trend for the NS to not dig as much continues, then the MA certainly has valid concern. And IF the trend continues, our region would be next on the concern list. However, I still think we are fine, I still think DC is fine. The SW extent of the storm is always a concern. Hoping for good vibes today and steady modeling with little trending either way. Wobbles are acceptable at this range. Off to work....have a great day guys. Hold it together and see y'all tonight!

With all globals on board for a big snow it feels safe to say Charlie is going to get to kick the ball this time. But is it a mere 35 yard chip shot or a 56 yard amazing game winner.  8-12" high end SECS low end MECS or HECS is what is to be figured out the next 24 hours. All the players come on the field between 12z and 0z tomorrow.

This storm has the potential to change my future winter outlooks. 10 days ago, this was a complete screw job of a winter. My golf clubs came out of storage and I was ready for spring. I was going to remember this winter as the winter after last years big storm. 

Now, we have a chance at a MECS/HECS. If this thing nails us, I am going to look back to this during dry winters and have hope. BUT, if we end up with 2-3" then I'm seriously going to try and stay away from this whole damn hobby for a while. 

As a 30 year old who has only been in the game of storm tracking for about 2-3 years, the next 72 hours or so are gonna have a big impact on me  

14 minutes ago, hurricane1091 said:

I'll be in Florida but LOL at south jersey outlook right now. Either snow bomb or almost all cold rain. Good luck with the nerve wracking model watching all weekend fellow South Jersey folks.

Seems to always be that way here.  The CMC is a snow bomb and the GFS, even with its rain, seems to thump us on the back end.  I don't think I could stand living closer to the coast.  

9 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Seems to always be that way here.  The CMC is a snow bomb and the GFS, even with its rain, seems to thump us on the back end.  I don't think I could stand living closer to the coast.  

I live *just* outside of Philly which tends to be a boundary for snow totals a lot, but even here it seems iffy. It's going to be very tight.

1 minute ago, RedSky said:

I picture John Bolaris in a Hawaiian shirt sitting on the beach in Kauai drinking a Mai Tai with the little umbrella smiling.

That is just about right, lol.  How many times have we seen with these QPF bombs 4 days out only to shrink or evaporate completely.

This is only gonna get worse.  Damn, I was looking for a day off too and even that is in jeopardy.

Archived