Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March 13 - 15 Major Winter Storm Potential

NEG NAO

Just now, SnoSki14 said:

Like I said prepare to be disappointed tonight. With some more time to trend further west this may end up being a heavy rainstorm for the metro. 

or further east

This still gives us a lot of snow

Euro has the lowest totals for the area

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, sferic said:

Is there wiggle room to correct east by the 12z run or is this etched in stone ?

Always room even on the day before the storm. My area looks in the bullseye on that map, but I hope the model goes east so more  can get into the big totals for a historic storm.

10 minutes ago, USCG RS said:

For this reason, I would expect, if they upgrade, a WSW vs a Blizzard Warning for the area. They may keep the blizzard watch, but I wouldn't expect a warning at this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

you can still have a Blizzard Warning with a change to rain- a la March 1993

1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Interior will get it's revenge finally. I hope some of you guys gets 30"+. Trend has been for a more amplified/further west system, why would that stop now.

Sure it can stop. I doubt it goes way east, but the models can do a correction for going too far west. Everyone should relax and just get a good sleep. :)

Just now, RutgersWx92 said:

As others have pointed out several times, it's not uncommon for models to have an over-correction to the west, only for them to shift back a bit east again right before the storm.

I agree.... I think ukie and euro come back 30-45 miles, I love the track but trough orientations looks odd to me for a LP that close... however I'm still favoring a jackpot from NEPA, NNJ, HV, NWCT, 

9 minutes ago, Sophisticated Skeptic said:

you guys in NYC should chill....it's def not a doom-over scenario. 

850's will be crashin

Actually they have NO room to complain.  They got the best snowstorm that/this area is ever capable of getting last year.  3" LE all snow, nothing could ever match that.  So to complain about this is just petty lol.

Just now, USCG RS said:

The writing may be on the wall for long island with this one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

More than just Long Island my friend.  This storm was typical of the early 90s and being very experienced with those storms, more than just Long Island changed over.

And the models didn't pick up on it until it was nowcasting time either.

Just now, swamplover56 said:

That I may agree with at least for seeing the huge totals. If euro was a mere 25 miles east NYC gets 2 feet

lol it's more likely to trend further west than it is to go east.

At this point if you were to give me a bet on 50 miles west or 25 miles east.....I would pick the 50 miles west.

Archived