Newest Member
    joxey
March 13 - 15 Major Winter Storm Potential

NEG NAO

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, snywx said:

Ouch.. Surface temps look warm as well. I figured the west trend was real but didn't expect it to drive right through new england.

I've been scanning some of the forecasts and they are talking about temps in the upper 30s in Boston during the day Tuesday.

This is snow to rain to heavy snow for NYC

Freezing line is just I mean just to the west of the area

Still very close to watch this

For this reason, I would expect, if they upgrade, a WSW vs a Blizzard Warning for the area. They may keep the blizzard watch, but I wouldn't expect a warning at this time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, swamplover56 said:

I've seen so many late developing Miller b over the last 7 years that we were due a true hugger. NYC maybe the dividing line north or west of there your prob going to be fine east or south of there you may mix taint or flip to rain. Been a while since we have seen this

It's also been awhile since we have seen a storm like this in March lol.  Maybe that's the reason why.  During the middle of the season it would be a different story.

15 minutes ago, SnowGoose69 said:

The Euro may not pick up on sleet mixing in even if it has the same track as the RGEM.  I've seen cases before where it'll show all snow while the high res models pick up on the mid level mixing better.  The surface temps won't be an issue except maybe eastern LI for a time.  With heavy precip falling NYC will likely hold around 31-33.   I had mentioned similarities to January 87 and that is what happened that day despite a 060-080 wind over 40mph at times.

ah okay so even if it mixes surface temps would be below 32 so it would changing to freezing rain or sleet.

Archived