Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem VI

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This will be pretty good....but it's bizarre since it is focusing on this little vortmax on the east flank of the trough.

strikes me as putting the emphasis on the wrong trigger -...then, convection and native baroclinic instability that exists there then take over.  Or, it may be that these latter parametrics are so overwhelming they force the trigger to get pulled...  

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

It was just a strange evolution. Ended up with two closed h5 lows.

Metaphor: it's so far out in time it's seeing double... 

This will probably get resolved into a single feature that closer it gets. 

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Wouldn't shake on minor details at this lead. Doubt it goes over NYC with the position of the Banana high but of course that and an escape out to sea are on the table at this long lead. Just verbatim for now it's a crush job similar to some all timers.

Meh, look at the Ukie. Surface features dictated by upper level features.  Just because there is a high doesn't mean it blocks a low. 

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Def not DXR...we know the drill. The Euro will have a run or two where it totally goes nuclear and jackpots like W CT up to ALB and everyone back east will panic about another boxing day while powderfreak's post count triples...then it will come back east...Tauntonblizzard will say it looks like garbage the entire time citing the worst model of each suite while ignoring the good runs....Ray will keep talking about how the best banding will be just SE of him and just NW him while he sucks on exhaust, and then complains his way to 17"...moneypitmike will keep pretending he won't get more than a few inches even though every model gives an inch of QPF out to W MA...Jerry will pretend he never posted he was ready for winter to end at the end of February when it was 70F and talk about how this reminds him of March 1956....while tamarack mentions 1956 in NNJ and then makes a reference to a storm that overperformed in March 1984 while he was in Fort Kent, ME.

:lol:  Do you keep notes on all our goofy/weenie posts here?

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Meh, look at the Ukie. Surface features dictated by upper level features.  Just because there is a high doesn't mean it blocks a low. 

Um think I said that it's possible  but yesterday the Ukie was headed to Nova Scotia. I ain't shaking details like that out, just looking at upper air and blocking highs. Enjoy the rattler pit it's the only rattler pit you got. If Alison needs digging out let us know we will send Big Jay from Southie

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

My guess is this eastern piece consolidates on future runs

H5.png

Oh that ? 

come on guys - that's a convectively produced satellite vorticy - may as well be a TS zipping on the eastern wall of an autumn trough -

Archived