Newest Member
    joxey
February 12/13 SWFE/Coastal Observations

Baroclinic Zone

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Barnsteader said:

Full resolution version (3400x1700 pixels - 220k)

Full resolution version (3400x1700 pixels - 220k)

Northeast sector

Looks like its mostly a Maine game now.

Yup--great event there.  Standard fare for SNE.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I won't  be suprised to end up w 8"....like I said today.

Hopefully the winds don't fail.

is NH and Maine  gonna have to bring em down a bit? I mean the  part of maine where folks live.

I mean CCB keeps sliding and sliding its gotta be hurting there totals a bit, but we know its not cool to talk about

I don't think the snow is over for NE mass tonite, most guidance continues to give us something thru at least 1-2 am.

and some shenanigans as the H5 low drops thru basically SE across us in wee hours

What I hate is the backlash that rigorous meteorologists will have (and hobbyists like myself who will bear the brunt of coworker mockery for ridiculous forecasts from AccuWeather etc)...

The writing was on the wall for this. Guidance 0z-12z overwhelmingly showed this was trending away from a big hit for Boston, and that CCB hit was increasingly unlikely. I and many others posted that conclusion. We even posted that NWS maps were puzzlingly bullish.

Yet that specific CCB scenario (and crap like the histrionic AccuWeather forecasts of "Wind and snow will then increase across eastern New England later Sunday night into Monday as the blizzard ramps up.") is what prompted all the Boston area school cancellations, business closings, etc.

Archived