Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

They might get a little more than our area but not much unless the models trend late to a weak storm that bombs over the Gulf Stream. The Euro, GFS and slightly colder NAM should excite pretty much everyone in this subforum. 

I am certainly more excited about this event than I was yesterday, especially with the 6z GFS coming in colder and deeper than earlier runs.

Regarding Boston, heaviest swath of snow looks to be in similar areas as with the early January event. I would say general forecast for the Plymouth area could be a 6-12". Although Logan hasn't recorded much more snow this year than New York, Plymouth will probably have 3x after this event.

5 minutes ago, mimillman said:

I am certainly more excited about this event than I was yesterday, especially with the 6z GFS coming in colder and deeper than earlier runs.

Regarding Boston, heaviest swath of snow looks to be in similar areas as with the early January event. I would say general forecast for the Plymouth area could be a 6-12". Although Logan hasn't recorded much more snow this year than New York, Plymouth will probably have 3x after this event.

Logan hasn't recorded any more snow than JFK AND LGA this year. Plymouth will probably have 3x what after this event? 

They would probably be fascinated by this conversation in the New England forum. 

10 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Logan hasn't recorded any more snow than JFK AND LGA this year. Plymouth will probably have 3x what after this event? 

They would probably be fascinated by this conversation in the New England forum. 

This is a weather forum. Boston is 4 hours away. I think a passive comment about how this storm will affect them is more than warranted. 

3x = 3 "times" = 3 times the amount of snow. Areas near Plymouth had 20" with the storm in January. But this is their climo plus some luck.

31 minutes ago, EasternLI said:

Euro kuchera map has 6-8" for most of this forum. 2-4" far north & west zones. A 10 spot for eastern Suffolk. 

...nice..should be a great show..it will be hard to imagine going from 50's and rain on wed. to a

snowy,cold thursday..my guess this will be a heavy wet snow..going to be tough to accumulate on pavement

unless snowfall rates can overcome that..

• Rjay pinned this topic
11 hours ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yes I think the forecast in Morristown where I was was 3-6" and most of the morning didn't seem like much but around 3 started to come down heavily. I left work at 4 and didn't get home til 9 and I lived 12 miles away

Correct. I'm right above MMU, and it was forecast for a 3-5 or so, with more rain, less snow. If I recall correctly, it changed to rain for about 10 minutes at 7 a.m., then went gangbusters.

4 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah especially closer to the coast with snow well inland and a major headache just nw of the city, but went over to heavy wet snow just about everywhere by late aternoon

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Yea... this storm is one that rarely gets mentioned, so it's nice to hear it get some love. Some of my other underrated ones that I've enjoyed are other February surprises like February 13, 2014, and my all-time favorite overlooked one, February 8-11, 1994. (Apologies for the banter; I just love when a good storm *somewhat* surprises us) 

Archived