Newest Member
    joxey
Coastal Crusher Feb 9th 2017

WeatherFeen2000

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, North and West of Town said:

Yea... this storm is one that rarely gets mentioned, so it's nice to hear it get some love. Some of my other underrated ones that I've enjoyed are other February surprises like February 13, 2014, and my all-time favorite overlooked one, February 8-11, 1994. (Apologies for the banter; I just love when a good storm *somewhat* surprises us) 

Well it wasn't much even in central NJ, I remember that storm, my first year in a new school district. Delayed opening. Remember we had an all out blizzard the day after New Years, and this was just before the epic Match bust. I am having a hard time believing we get to 60 tomorrow and then get snow, but am watching you guys here and getting better info than on the tv. We've not had much snow so a weekday event of even 3-6 is going to cause problems on the roads. 

4 minutes ago, North and West of Town said:

Yea... this storm is one that rarely gets mentioned, so it's nice to hear it get some love. Some of my other underrated ones that I've enjoyed are other February surprises like February 13, 2014, and my all-time favorite overlooked one, February 8-11, 1994. (Apologies for the banter; I just love when a good storm *somewhat* surprises us) 

Its not as well known in and around the city or the I95 corridor but just N&W it ramped up to 9-15" and during the heart of afternoon rush

Just now, weatherpruf said:

Well it wasn't much even in central NJ, I remember that storm, my first year in a new school district. Delayed opening. Remember we had an all out blizzard the day after New Years, and this was just before the epic Match bust. I am having a hard time believing we get to 60 tomorrow and then get snow, but am watching you guys here and getting better info than on the tv. We've not had much snow so a weekday event of even 3-6 is going to cause problems on the roads. 

I wouldn't worry about what its like the day before. It was 75 the day before the March 2007 sleetfest. Snow won't stick to roads immediately but it won't affect accumulations much

Just now, weatherpruf said:

Post super bowl storm we got 7-8 and the day before it pushed 60.  This was in 2014

2 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

I wouldn't worry about what its like the day before. It was 75 the day before the March 2007 sleetfest. Snow won't stick to roads immediately but it won't affect accumulations much

With the northern stream diving in the rates will be ridiculous and fresh cold air. Euro has decent ratios at the end. Temps below 30 and 850's -5 or greater by 12z Thursday 

2 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

You can see the subsidence zone south of the crazy snow band in the Poconos/Catskills. Probably accurate if the band goes crazy. But the NAM is probably overdoing it a little so the difference won't be so great. 

That subsidence zone, if I read it correctly, still show a 3-6 event, which in this year we gotta be happy with...

Archived