joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 9-10 Rain/Snow System

Hoosier

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should probably have a wind warning issued here, Environment Canada only issued them for areas along the shores of the lakes here in Ontario. 18Z NAM was advertising gusts in the 55 to 60 knot range for southwestern Ontario. Maybe a bit bullish but hearing reports from the west, I would expect 50kts to be achieved no problem. 

Love a good wind storm also. 

Finished the day with around 3" of snow. 

20 minutes ago, harrisale said:

Should probably have a wind warning issued here, Environment Canada only issued them for areas along the shores of the lakes here in Ontario. 18Z NAM was advertising gusts in the 55 to 60 knot range for southwestern Ontario. Maybe a bit bullish but hearing reports from the west, I would expect 50kts to be achieved no problem. 

Love a good wind storm also. 

Finished the day with around 3" of snow. 

I was thinking the same thing, there's not even a weather statement anymore. We're already getting 43 mph gusts in London, this evening should be interesting.

Edit: Just checked and the criteria for a wind warning is 90 kph gusts so this event will probably be borderline, but I think there's a good enough chance that they should issue one.

18 minutes ago, ConfusedKitten said:

I was thinking the same thing, there's not even a weather statement anymore. We're already getting 43 mph gusts in London, this evening should be interesting.

Edit: Just checked and the criteria for a wind warning is 90 kph gusts so this event will probably be borderline, but I think there's a good enough chance that they should issue one.

Sometimes I wish EC had a wind advisory that could be issued for any 'borderline' events. 

21 minutes ago, harrisale said:

Sometimes I wish EC had a wind advisory that could be issued for these 'borderline' events. 

They just issued special weather statements about the wind for the whole area, not sure why they didn't do so sooner. I agree a "wind advisory" would be better though since a "special weather statement" doesn't capture people's attention.

Archived