Newest Member
    joxey
January 7th/8th Storm Discussion

TauntonBlizzard2013

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's going on guys! Hopefully someone recognizes my name :lol:

Since I joined i've lived all over the place, most recently in Beacon Hill. Now, I'm currently living in West Roxbury, a spot which I think could do well this storm. (7-11in) Good luck to everyone! Should be a fun day.

1 minute ago, RI Rob said:

What's going on guys! Hopefully someone recognizes my name :lol:

Since I joined i've lived all over the place, most recently in Beacon Hill. Now, I'm currently living in West Roxbury, a spot which I think could do well this storm. (7-11in) Good luck to everyone! Should be a fun day.

Hi how are you, 7-11" is good storm.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I do think CC will get a hell of a storm. 

Hey Scott -

if you loop the IR ... you can see subtle evidence of weak trop. folding in the backside of the v-max as it's turning through the TV region (obviously time sensitive...)

that arcing plume/jolt wave of dry air that fanning out over the region and into the Gulf is a smoking gun for high level transport.  Interesting... if not a fold, definitely showing the mechanical power to turn the troposphere over down there... 

6 minutes ago, RI Rob said:

Can we talk about how great the timing is of the storm? Maybe I have a poor memory, but it seems to me the majority of significant snowfall storms hit at night when it's near impossible for easy obs. Finally we get one starting late morning! 

And not having to commute in it is a positive as well 

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Hey Scott -

if you loop the IR ... you can see subtle evidence of weak trop. folding in the backside of the v-max as it's turning through the TV region (obviously time sensitive...)

that arcing plume/jolt wave of dry air that fanning out over the region and into the Gulf is a smoking gun for high level transport.  Interesting... if not a fold, definitely showing the mechanical power to turn the troposphere over down there... 

Yeah water vapor is really neat. On my phone so can't look, but I wonder how the RAOBs look in that region?

yeah, this is part of the show where I'm looking at the performers on Satellite and wondering .. 'how the f is this thing going to miss'?

Only this show's program says it won't...entirely.  But I mean, the present look on looping says it should snow decently all the way out to Albary...

Sometimes I think Satellite evidences behave like the "disappearing electron" experiments that puzzle physicists ... (that ought to spin some heads).  It's like electrons know they're being watched (yes, it's creepy!) and do one thing, but then when the camera and eyes turn away, they do something entirely different.  Pretty strong argument for meta-physics built right into the fabric of the cosmos ...but that's a digression.  Analogy being, you watch Satellite ...lie about a system -

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah water vapor is really neat. On my phone so can't look, but I wonder how the RAOBs look in that region?

Yeah...I can't get a quick answer back - shame on me but I don't have any bookmarks or history's for that sort of look up.  egh

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I wish it was not so progressive

we need a phase and capture

http://www.ssd.noaa.gov/goes/east/nwatl/flash-wv.html

Still a good storm for wide areas of sne.  Look out at the snow sky, radar piling in, we'll know soon the unexpected nuances.  NAM is not tossed.  Maybe in the nowcast timeframe it can be semi right.

5 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

What does that exactly mean for our region Tip?

It's more so a comment relating to the strength of the wave mechanics in the flow... from that, "maybe" deduce stronger is better as all that translates overhead late on..  But James, I want you to underline the word "maybe" and repeat it over and over and over again :)

Archived