Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.

John1122

3 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

15z SREF mean has bumped up again.  TRI at 5+, CHA at 2+, TYS at 4+.  There are some big dogs in there.  Just another data point to take in.  I do expect the 18z NAM to hold serve or improve based on that though.

4-5 is getting close to a big dog anyway Stove! Time to bring out the dog Meme!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Stovepipe said:

15z SREF mean has bumped up again.  TRI at 5+, CHA at 2+, TYS at 4+, BNA at 1, CSV at 2.  There are some big dogs in there.  Just another data point to take in.  I do expect the 18z NAM to hold serve or improve based on that though.

Hush your mouth! 

4 minutes ago, John1122 said:

The NAM is basically the best possible case, but also not terribly likely imo. I do think far Eastern areas are still in good shape, especially if you border North Carolina. 

Yes, I think it's overdone a bit, but it does show a good trend for east TN.  I live near the eastern edge of Sevier Co, and it looks like a respectable 3-4 inches could happen over this way.  But I do hope all of the forum fans gets a good thumping at some point during the next two days.  Here's to sharing in the white wealth with my neighbors! 

... WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 7 PM THIS EVENING TO 7 AM EST FRIDAY... ... WINTER STORM WATCH IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING... THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN MORRISTOWN HAS ISSUED A WINTER STORM WATCH... WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING. * EVENT... A FRONTAL SYSTEM WILL BRING SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS UP TO 1 INCH... WITH A FEW LOCALLY HIGHER AMOUNTS TONIGHT. A SECOND WINTER STORM MAY BRING WIDESPREAD SNOW TO THE REGION... WITH 2 TO 5 INCHES OF ACCUMULATION POSSIBLE. * TIMING... THIS EVENING THROUGH EARLY FRIDAY MORNING... AND FRIDAY AFTERNOON THROUGH SATURDAY MORNING. * IMPACTS... TRAVEL WILL LIKELY BECOME HAZARDOUS ONCE THE WINTRY PRECIPITATION BEGINS. MOTORISTS NEED TO BE ESPECIALLY CAREFUL ON BRIDGES AND OVERPASSES WHERE SLIPPERY SPOTS OFTEN DEVELOP FIRST. THIS IS PARTICULARLY TRUE FOR THE FRIDAY EVENING RUSH HOUR COMMUTE AND THROUGH THE NIGHT. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... A WINTER WEATHER ADVISORY FOR SNOW MEANS THAT PERIODS OF SNOW ARE EXPECTED OR OCCURRING... WHICH WILL PRIMARILY CAUSE TRAVEL DIFFICULTIES. BE PREPARED FOR SNOW COVERED ROADS AND LIMITED VISIBILITIES... AND USE CAUTION WHILE DRIVING. A WINTER STORM WATCH MEANS THERE IS A POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT SNOW... SLEET... OR ICE ACCUMULATIONS THAT MAY IMPACT TRAVEL. CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE LATEST FORECASTS. &&

• Issuing Office: Knoxville/Tri-Cities

Source: National.Weather.Service

3:24pm EST, Thu Jan 5

• Mr Bob changed the title to 1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.
  • Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived