joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.

John1122

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so much west of 6z, but the wave as I mentioned earlier is digging a bit more.  It is changing the axis of the energy digging through, less positive tilt is making the precip shield expand northward.  Let's see if we get support or that are we getting NAM'd.  The NAM has burned me more than once, so I am always wary.  RGEM up next on short range.

2 minutes ago, Carvers Gap said:

Not so much west of 6z, but the wave as I mentioned earlier is digging a bit more.  It is changing the axis of the energy digging through, less positive tilt is making the precip shield expand northward.  Let's see if we get support or that are we getting NAM'd.  The NAM has burned me more than once, so I am always wary.  RGEM up next on short range.

what time is the rgem

2 minutes ago, Mrwolf1972 said:

nam has a nor'easter going on after leaving our area.

Indeed, it is close.  Hammers coastal Jersey. Hits LI and Boston.  (Well, that will be a surprise for them if it verifies.)  I need to see some support from the other models in the 12z suite as the NAM can amp things a bit.  But a fun run.

That looks more like a classic Miller a track. Some of the energy aloft moves over Tennessee and supports the snow breaking out.

Honestly this is something I believe could happen. The southern track (ATL getting 3-6inches) is a once in 50 or so year storm. We have seen so many storms shift last minutes to give East Tennessee at least something and a few big ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Mrwolf1972 said:

people in the south east forum not liking the new nam run pushes the heavy snow out of north Carolina and they get rain.

Still a pretty good run for many of them.  The thing is, the storm is now less positively tilted on this run.  Again, there are signs it is digging slightly more.  So, it doesn't go OTS at the same flat angle.  The rain on the coast hints at that.  Now, I hate it for folks that have expected decent snow and might now miss out...good sub-forum.  Still...the NAM could be too amped which it is sometimes guilty of.  If so, nothing has changed and the coastal folks are still in the game. Let's see how the rest of the 12z suite rolls.  RGEM should be soon.

• Mr Bob changed the title to 1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.
  • Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived