joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.

John1122

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
French hi-res model. Probably not going to happen, but would definitely be nice if it did. That's generally .35-.8 inches of precip over Miss, Bama and into East Tennessee.

PR_000-072_0000.gif&key=6047c4583864aa4235ca7e7bdb153310da99a4be9711f9bed479189aab4c283d

Do you have a link for that model?

Also I played around with the conversions on the table and converted them to inches.

b4681aeebf9948dbfee6ab4a0dc901d6.jpg

being a teenager having to go to school tomorrow it would be best if I called it a night by 11 but dang it I'm holding out for that euro. If we can get the euro to turn back north west and gfs to stay northwest we are back in this for greater totals, of course I realize I have very little experience in meteorology and that is not likely to occur but I can always hope. So far this has been an interesting experience. Learned a few things from this haha.

And the RGEM is between the NAM and GFS, we're getting into it's wheelhouse!

It's probably my favorite short range model. It can give you an idea of where some of the global models may be heading to especially the CMC. The NAM can be like crazy Cousin Eddie sometimes but we are getting close to it's useful stage as well.

1 minute ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Love the RGEM and really trust it as a great short range model.

It nailed the Jan/Feb 2014 and 2015 central valley events when other models were waffling around.  I became a believer then.  It's also done very well in weird p-type issue events that I recall, particularly in west TN.  I like to go into battle with the RGEM on my side.

Just now, Stovepipe said:

It nailed the Jan/Feb 2014 and 2015 central valley events when other models were waffling around.  I became a believer then.  It's also done very well in weird p-type issue events that I recall, particularly in west TN.  I like to go into battle with the RGEM on my side.

Yes it did especially the Feb big dog in 2014, that was the one that the major models were mostly showing as just glancing us that I replied to Reb's question about movements NW.  RGEM scored big on that storm I remember seeing nearly frantic updates from NWS on snow totals that night.  Was a great storm and great coup for the RGEM.

2 minutes ago, ShawnEastTN said:

Yes it did especially the Feb big dog in 2014, that was the one that the major models were mostly showing as just glancing us that I replied to Reb's question about movements NW.  RGEM scored big on that storm I remember seeing nearly frantic updates from NWS on snow totals that night.  Was a great storm and great coup for the RGEM.

I believe that was the one that Robert went against most modeling and ended up being correct.  He got a few new subs out of that.  

Yeah, Feb. '14 one pretty much all models had us just getting grazed although, the Euro did well at long lead in showing us getting a substantial amount several days out. 10" here from that one.

Was that during the 2 week stretch where snow was on the ground the whole time and we got below zero a few mornings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Stovepipe said:

I believe that was the one that Robert went against most modeling and ended up being correct.  He got a few new subs out of that.  

You can just go back a few pages of threads to find our forecast discussion. A great tutorial in how these things play out...and, yes, Robert did great on that one. Hope he eventually gets back into it. 

• Mr Bob changed the title to 1/5/17-1/8/17 Southern System.
  • Mr Bob unpinned this topic

Archived