• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January, the 2nd Meteorological winter month...

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at WPC maps, you can see the big sprawling high pressure building across Canada and banana-into the NE.  This happens next Wed night-Thurs.  Perhaps a little secondary gets going Wed to keep us from torching?  Another cutter Tuesday, but again, so far west that maybe we stay frozen at least in NNE.  Until then, boring.  But from Thursday on?  I see a big high to our N and NW, and low pressure in the middle of the country.

11 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, last couple of season have invented ways to not snow substantially around these parts.....either the  mid atl or nne.

Now NC :lol:

Then maybe back to your regularly scheduled cutters.

almost eerie when you think that three years ago... the mirror opposite snowed 300 to 400 % above normal that season...

like, there really isn't a design at work here to make sure it's always fair ?   

better repent -

23 minutes ago, eyewall said:

It certainly couldn't look much crappier through mid-month here at this point. The 12z GFS should increase toaster sales.

Just my opinion so taken with little clout ...

but... I thought the operational GFS' total 500 mb evolution was better for implications than either the 00z or 06z versions.. 

Whether those are also reflected in wanted tendencies and so forth with the surface features, I don't know... but it did look better aloft. 

10 hours ago, leo1000 said:

I am talking about later on when the indices want the EPO to take a big rise.

Well considering we're sitting at -6 SD, there is no where to go but a big rise. It's not like the forecast is raging positive, it's still ridging through AK, the cold should be nearby.

Archived