joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to go ahead and put a little more stock into the CMC and GFS 0Z runs than most people. My reason being, the CMC was one of the ones who led the way on the last storm showing a more amped solution, even though the Euro was stubborn with a weaker storm. I don't think we would quite see the doomsday storm the 0z runs showed, but I wouldn't be surprised if it ended up closer to that scenario than a weak slider.

Just now, griteater said:

Each of the big 3 ensemble means have a Miller B wintry mix that runs thru us on Dec 28-29 and a Miller A gulf to southeast coastal storm on Jan 2-4

Just looking at the EPS members...now I see why the mean was down.  Looks like there was a bunch of members that whiff. 

A couple of days ago the PV lobe that is now being modeled in south/central Canada wasn't there but the blocking down into Greenland has forced that.   Why we see that big low up in OH now.  Hopefully the OP Euro is correct.

It then swings through by day 10 setting up another ideal location in SE Canada.  It's transient though, just swings through, but sets the stage for the potential day 10 coastal.  

eps_z500a_noram_144.png

eps_z500a_noram_228.png

Archived