Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

14 minutes ago, FLweather said:

I hate doing it.  Really do. 

I'm the Grinch before Christmas. But given the setup....  Not as a new episode of what the models show. But given the setup.  Hope you don't have your hopes up too high.  Climo is against you and just about every model run possible depicting this setup.  I truly hope I'm wrong hope you see token flakes.  But I give you about 10% chance of seeing the first glaze or flake.  

Sorry.  Even though we are being shown a suppressed pattern.  We are not dealing with a very potent shortwave that caused Feb 08?? I think it was 08. Supper suppressed pattern and strong sw diving through south AL GA  SC. 

In all honestly it is perfectly fine, I am not getting my hopes up (I was grateful for that snow shower I got two weeks ago) but I have no choice but to monitor it.

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Orangeburgwx said:

that indicates a stronger CAD, which is good all around... and when you mean deep how far down you referring to?

Down into central SC.

Blah, a weak wave, moves in an entire day faster and exits faster. 2-5" N NC into VA higher totals in SE VA.

Another run, another totally different EURO solution. GFS steady as she goes. Doesn't mean either is right or wrong but meh. Goodnight folks!

The Euro seems a lot more realistic to me than the GFS...much more akin to what one would expect with this pattern. Very rarely does one actually see 3 day storms like the GFS is depicting...when it's all said and done, this is likely a relatively weak southern slider. Moderate ice storm in GA/SC. Light to moderate snow event in most of NC.

20 minutes ago, Orangeburgwx said:

that indicates a stronger CAD, which is good all around... and when you mean deep how far down you referring to?

0z Euro.  Simulated radar shows precip over these cold surface temps. Sub 32 but temps aloft are warm.  No snow in sight.  Freezing rain but CAD is broken on Euro.  But the 32 line makes it near ATL.

Screenshot_20171223-014934.png

3 minutes ago, LovingGulfLows said:

The Euro seems a lot more realistic to me than the GFS...much more akin to what one would expect with this pattern. Very rarely does one actually see 3 day storms like the GFS is depicting...when it's all said and done, this is likely a relatively weak southern slider. Moderate ice storm in GA/SC. Light to moderate snow event in most of NC.

I agree, GFS is amped too much imo. It’s backed down a good bit from being a cutter as it is and I expect it to slowly adjust. Euro CAD temps are also much more realistic for the height of the storm with a 1045HP in a favorable spot. ng4kcAy.png

Archived