Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, BornAgain13 said:

GFS might be on to something folks... I realize its hard to put much trust in a model, but lets see if it stays consistent. Also to note, I dont think the Euro is as good as what it used to be.

GFS did a good job with the general idea of the last storm and locked onto it pretty far out. It's just too hard to get the specifics exactly right around here. 

7 minutes ago, packbacker said:

My posting style hasn't changed...you and Mack just focus on the 1 or 2 non-snowy posts I throw out there.  I just cut back posting those since that's frowned upon on this site.

You need a hug!!! Well the GFS and UKMET on your side for a southern snow, is like having JB and Judah Cohen, on your side for a cold winter, your in serious trouble! :(

25 minutes ago, mackerel_sky said:

Glenn Burns is saying on FB , he nailed his winter forecast!! Calling for warm and dry , a typical Nino! What a gangster!

I know the models don't look great for ATL right but it's kind of stupid to be bragging about your winter forecast being right on February 2nd. Warm, yes. Dry? Hardly. Burns will be calling a forecast for specific pop up thunderstorms soon though. He really is a genius at work.

2 hours ago, BornAgain13 said:

GFS might be on to something folks... I realize its hard to put much trust in a model, but lets see if it stays consistent. Also to note, I dont think the Euro is as good as what it used to be.

GFS is good at picking up on general storms outside the 5 day range, more so than the Euro imo. This winter the GFS has definitely outperformed in regards to picking up on big storms far out. In fact looking through images of the last big storm that dropped 6-10" in Western NC, the GFS started picking up on that one around hour 204. 

1 minute ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Going to be a late start to winter around here. May be Mid Month before we can get it going, then look out storms, and I'm not talking Thunderstorms either..... SNOW STORMS!  Enjoy folks not many times it snows a lot in March. :snowwindow:

Dare say, Frosty, it's never snowed here in March :lightning: LOL

1 minute ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Yeah, We love it too! It's special down here, cause we only see it once in a while!! We have to beg for flurries.......... lol 

Add salt grime and remove sunshine for 3 months and it kinda loses it's magic, haha. I used to spend my winters in MB up until about 7 years ago, and will be starting to again (at least a substantial portion of it) next year. I've been down there a couple of times when it's snowed, and it's much prettier than it is up in PA. Much more a novelty to the locals too, understandably.

Archived