Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2017

buckeyefan1

• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Jon said:

Not sure if anyone has mentioned them but the euro weeklies torch just about all off feb, then bring back a colder pattern in march. But the weeklies suck, right?

This winter (if you call it that) has extended cool spring written all over it.  We'll be talking about 50s / 30s in May and I'll have fescue up to my eyeballs that I cant mow because it wont stop raining every weekend.  Bank it.

Here's the ever changing NWS forecast as of now in Frosty Land...........

SUNDAY...SNOW LIKELY IN THE MORNING. RAIN LIKELY. HIGHS AROUND
40. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT. 
.SUNDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH RAIN LIKELY IN THE EVENING...
THEN PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN
THE LOWER 30S. CHANCE OF RAIN 60 PERCENT. 

1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

It'll make its own cold air! Dynamic cooling for the loss! The temps are really bouncing around from run to run on GFS!? They were in 40s at 6z, mid/ upper 30s at 12z, now back to 40s at 18z run!? Something is wonky! I can't remember when we've had high placements like that and no GL low, and we still rain!!? I bet the mtns get 2'

Russian meteorologists have to be hacking into the models...;)

1 hour ago, BIG FROSTY said:

Here's the ever changing NWS forecast as of now in Frosty Land...........

SUNDAY...SNOW LIKELY IN THE MORNING. RAIN LIKELY. HIGHS AROUND
40. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION 60 PERCENT. 
.SUNDAY NIGHT...MOSTLY CLOUDY WITH RAIN LIKELY IN THE EVENING...
THEN PARTLY CLOUDY WITH A CHANCE OF RAIN AFTER MIDNIGHT. LOWS IN
THE LOWER 30S. CHANCE OF RAIN 60 PERCENT. 

Not much different than here,  Especially when you factor int the fact that you won't get snow Sunday morning. :)

Sunday
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Sunday Night
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

6 minutes ago, jburns said:

Not much different than here,  Especially when you factor int the fact that you won't get snow Sunday morning. :)

Sunday
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
Sunday Night
A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 34. Chance of precipitation is 50%.

No kiddin!! lol.... I say you bet against the snow every time it's in the forecast that far out, You'll be a winner 99.9% of the time............. 

I'm going say we end up with some snow/Ice at the start next weekend for a lot of folks. I think models will trend colder as we get closer!! :snowwindow:

Awesome runs last night! :(

Dont think there is any way at all to put a positive spin on the model runs right now! The fact that we are 6-9 days out on these "threats" and they have been trending in the wrong direction! I think the January storm, had a snow/ice event for most , modeled day 10-11 out. The models waffled N and S a bit, but the general idea of a winter storm was there. We can pray for a great last half of Feb, but good luck with that

Archived