• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate NY/North Country + adjacent ON, QC, VT: Winter!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What a bust today lol.no band at all.

Seriously. All the models were showing that burst moving through and nothing verified. The radar made it look like the lake was trying so hard to pop something out but best it could do was some flurries. Makes me nervous about tomorrow busting as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, SouthBuffaloSteve said:

Seriously. All the models were showing that burst moving through and nothing verified. The radar made it look like the lake was trying so hard to pop something out but best it could do was some flurries. Makes me nervous about tomorrow busting as well.

I'm very skeptical of tomorrow. I can see it forming around South Buffalo pretty weak and not intensifying strongly until it gets down to West Seneca/OP. I could see the airport getting less than an inch while WS gets 3-4" and OP/Hamburg see 6". 

2" of synoptic snow so far this evening and still coming down steady for little while longer. Closing in on 50" for the season so far and over half way to annual average of 84".

Hopefully we all net atleast a few to several inches of LES and synoptic before the end of Saturday when the pattern relaxes...

5 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

2" of synoptic snow so far this evening and still coming down steady for little while longer. Closing in on 50" for the season so far and over half way to annual average of 84".

Hopefully we all net out atleast a few to several inches of LES and synoptic before the end of Saturday when the pattern relaxes...

Unreal you guys are closing in on 50" in BGM while we in BUF are around 7". Just about nothing can break right for Buffalo this year, and I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be no different... I smell a big bust coming, although NWS BUF has had quite a few of them already this year all over the CWA.

I was going to look through the 0z runs but I'm not even going to waste my time. Something is screwy. The 0zRGEM 0zNAM3k and the 02HRRR all initialize at current time showing a lake snow band over Buffalo, but there is nothing there! What in the hell are they seeing or not seeing! Really making me second guess about tomorrow.
99796d88651b72d7aa9088af721ac1e1.png
ac1538717cd47ec81768e3ee698a11cb.png
7eb84ee8f3f3f1c84761903df93355b6.png

I seriously wouldn't trust any one model for LES QPF, that's just me.  I usually wait till she forms, then I try and see which model best matches the band and I go from there. People are taking some of these Meso models and are acting like their going to verify verbatim. I guess we'll see what happens tomorrow.  At least where I am, I know we're not gonna see more than an inch or 2 at best so I'm not as invested as some on the board is.  I just don't see KBUF getting in on the real action but we'll see as there are always surprises with these events.  Everyone should see something with the passage of the AF tomorrow afternoon and then the fun starts.  At least we have something to track unlike many other areas of the Country........

2 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

Unreal you guys are closing in on 50" in BGM while we in BUF are around 7". Just about nothing can break right for Buffalo this year, and I have a feeling tomorrow is going to be no different... I smell a big bust event coming, although NWS BUF has had quite a few of them already this year all over the CWA.

Fixed.:D

This was quite a surprise as I think the band is gonna stay out of Onondaga County but KBGM is thinking differently. That 12-18" demarcation isn't to far off to the North either so thats something to think about as well as its not a big jog to the South. another 15-20 mile jog to the South and we're in business.  I have a feeling this band is gonna be a wide one and stretch very far inland as winds at H850 are close to 35-40 knots  That can also be a mitigating factor as well sometimes, cause when the winds reach a certain speed they can disrupt the band because the air parcels are not over the warmer water of the lake.  I don;t think that's gonna be the case this time around because of the fetch throughout this event is gonna be ideal with extreme instability and crazy lapse rates and almost a non-existent cap, lol.  Things night get quite interesting Thursday-Friday. Tomorrow its in Oswego/Jefferson/Lewis County's turn.

CznFVl6WQAIr7gb.jpg:large

11 hours ago, tim123 said:

Roc may get a double whammy. Lake erie tomorrow then ontario thursday. Could see 6 to 12 from combined events.

Geez, I like your optimism because I'm going in the opposite direction.  I think a dusting to 2 inches is generous.  Synoptic moisture is lacking in a huge way, combine that with strong and rapidly changing winds that never go fully SW enough for us to hook up with Erie; and then never fully NW enough for us to get anything off Ontario.  To me it just looks like a 36 hours of super cold and wind.  

14 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

Geez, I like your optimism because I'm going in the opposite direction.  I think a dusting to 2 inches is generous.  Synoptic moisture is lacking in a huge way, combine that with strong and rapidly changing winds that never go fully SW enough for us to hook up with Erie; and then never fully NW enough for us to get anything off Ontario.  To me it just looks like a 36 hours of super cold and wind.  

agreed! 

Archived