Total Members
    Most Online
    amirah5
    Newest Member
    amirah5
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Been discussed ad nauseum, but this ain't a stemwinder cutter pattern. Typical euro over amped BS. Please no one lose it or get upset .It will come back to weak secondary solution very soon 

I don't think anyone is panicking...Euro is def the outlier right now, and even if a more cutter-ish trend starts to take hold, if we have that high position, it wouldn't surprise me to see it trend into a pretty good thump with a triple point low to our SE...that is typically the case on that type of system and the models usually don't grasp the airmass density/stubbornness over our region until a bit closer....but that is parsing into a lot of detail over a trend that is not even yet likely to materialize.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don't think anyone is panicking...Euro is def the outlier right now, and even if a more cutter-ish trend starts to take hold, if we have that high position, it wouldn't surprise me to see it trend into a pretty good thump with a triple point low to our SE...that is typically the case on that type of system and the models usually don't grasp the airmass density/stubbornness over our region until a bit closer....but that is parsing into a lot of detail over a trend that is not even yet likely to materialize.

Not here really.. but some people via texts. Some surprising ones .

Would you say having that high trend better and in a colder position gives credence to a less amped end result?

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Would you say having that high trend better and in a colder position gives credence to a less amped end result?

I don't think the high itself is really much of an indicator of how the storm is going to track. It's really just telling us more about the confluence in eastern Quebec and Nova Scotia.

It's possible the storm ends up tracking like the Euro...but I would be skeptical of it at the moment since it has tried to do this multiple times already in this pattern and it ended up more dampened out once we got closer.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Also, I'm not sure why people would "panic" SNE on south prior to mid December. 

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Damn that's a big area of <-30C  850 temps. I don't know off the top of my head, but I'd have to guess that would break a few records up there.

yeah ... sorry if it sounds like i'm repeating things but ... the Can/ensemble 10-day anomalies product has been rather drilled deeply since about three days now.

i bring it up because that particular product has been fairly reliable over the years ..Typically, any N-door cold drain from montreal and or CAA in general that's stung was typically preceded by, or was significantly spaced in time with this product's indicating a massive flooding of the canadian shield. 

this is pretty impressive getting -5(*.4) SD to spread out over that much of Manotoba and arming over ontario in lesser fashion still means conceptually that it's probably not an accidental dose of cooling going on within meteorological stone's throw of the conus. 

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah ... sorry if it sounds like i'm repeating things but ... the Can/ensemble 10-day anomalies product has been rather drilled deeply since about three days now.

i bring it up because that particular product has been fairly reliable over the years ..Typically, any N-door cold drain from montreal and or CAA in general that's stung was typically preceded by, or was significantly spaced in time with this product's indicating a massive flooding of the canadian shield. 

this is pretty impressive getting -5(*.4) SD to spread out over that much of Manotoba and arming over ontario in lesser fashion still means conceptually that it's probably not an accidental dose of cooling going on within meteorological stone's throw of the conus. 

Yeah and the regular ensemble suites have been hinting at some crazy cold too...when you see objective analog dates of Dec '83 and Dec '77, you def get the idea of what the pattern could be capable of in terms of cold intrusions into the northern tier.

8 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

no one was - it was all him you guys. 

come on - 

Oh god ya it was!!

He was just saying yesterday that we could throw out the Cutters lol...I guess the Euro heard him.

Obviously like Scott said yesterday, can't throw anything out in this pattern....following the advice of seasoned pro's is the way to go. 

Yeesh, -26C 850 temps to ORH by Dec 15th on Euro...damned early for stuff like that...that would probably obliterate record lows and record low maxes.

You can see at the end of the run, heights rise in preparation for the next cutter. Not a great run of the euro unless one likes 36hr bone chilling cold and dry. Hope it changes.

3 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

UKMET looks similar to the GFS to me?  

Yeah looks like weak sauce on the system.

3 minutes ago, Hazey said:

You can see at the end of the run, heights rise in preparation for the next cutter. Not a great run of the euro unless one likes 36hr bone chilling cold and dry. Hope it changes.

The next system doesn't look nearly as wound up on the Euro, so it probably wouldn't be a true cutter. Not that it really matters at day 10.

7 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

UKMET looks similar to the GFS to me?  

i thought so too...

also, interesting transpolar look to the flow... i mean we've seen better constructs, but that's not bad.  four ispopleth rail-roading is a good look for those wanting to goose fuel bills - 

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

i thought so too...

also, interesting transpolar look to the flow... i mean we've seen better constructs, but that's not bad.  four ispopleth rail-roading is a good look for those wanting to goose fuel bills - 

Yeah, if anything a weaker version.  Doesn't deepen as it gets into Maritimes like the GFS does.  

Archived