• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Model Mayhem!

SR Airglow

What a weenie CMC run.... gives warning level snowfall for the Monday deal away from the immediate coast... and drops well over a foot by next Saturday in those same areas 

The CMC is a joke and I say that with pride as I reside in the country that produced it. Now perhaps when the new super computer that EC purchased comes on line, it will go from terrible to some what poor. It's all about dem upgrades.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Hazey said:

Seeing the grinch period is right on track per the GFS. Lock it up with thongs and wife beaters on.

Thankfully it is totally in clown range, but 12 Z GFS is looking very Grinchy at the end again today.

GrinchF.jpg

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2016120712/gfs_mslp_pcpn_frzn_neus_52.png

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/analysis/models/gfs/2016120712/gfs_T2m_neus_53.png

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I will say though...notice how the Grinch period doesn't come closer on the GFS with each run...it stays out in D15-16. I feel like it started breaking down the pattern by 12/19-20 a few days ago.

I noticed that too. I still don't see a wholesale systematic reason to break down the pattern...other than maybe a relaxation through day 15 or so.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I will say though...notice how the Grinch period doesn't come closer on the GFS with each run...it stays out in D15-16. I feel like it started breaking down the pattern by 12/19-20 a few days ago.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I noticed that too. I still don't see a wholesale systematic reason to break down the pattern...other than maybe a relaxation through day 15 or so.

Yes...it's waiting until Christmas, duh

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Damn that's a big area of <-30C  850 temps. I don't know off the top of my head, but I'd have to guess that would break a few records up there.

Would be the earliest sub -30C soundings in the Upper Midwest if that was the case, by about a week. But clearly on the edge of climatology.

10 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Pretty chilly at 700 mb, 0C tickles to like MHT. So it does look more icy than a scalping.

The weather bell snow algorithm was still quite the front ender with 8-12" just inland away from the coast, probably factors some of that zr as snow would be my guess

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Been discussed ad nauseum, but this ain't a stemwinder cutter pattern. Typical euro over amped BS. Please no one lose it or get upset .It will come back to weak secondary solution very soon 

LOL.  Subtle nuances in the location/orientation of the trough as well as the Atlantic ridging can most certainly lead to a Euro solution.  Dumb post.

Archived