Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Banter & General Discussion/Observations

ORH_wxman

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I have to drive through there once the bathroom I'm having redone is done finally finished probably around 5.  I hope that it's above freezing by then-would be coming through around 7.

People forget how to drive in Tolland. I don't think road conditions are the cause.  It maybe that drivers are simply craning their necks to catch a glimpse of Kevin's lawn.

22 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I have to drive through there once the bathroom I'm having redone is done finally finished probably around 5.  I hope that it's above freezing by then-would be coming through around 7.

31.4 with def a bit of fzdz. There's enough salt on the roads to be fine..I'm sure 4 cars will be off the road somewhere between exits 69-67 though

8 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

You're cooling down and the Pit's warming up.  28.3* there.

freezing drizzle here in Maine, also 28*

No, my 30F ob from earlier was downtown Greenfield on a car thermo.  Probably has been 28-29F the whole time.  Steady sheet drizzle now.  Holding at 28F.  Skating rink on untreated surfaces.  Your missing it! (That is, if you think glaze is something worth seeing, lol) 

5 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

No, my 30F ob from earlier was downtown Greenfield on a car thermo.  Probably has been 28-29F the whole time.  Steady sheet drizzle now.  Holding at 28F.  Skating rink on untreated surfaces.  Your missing it! (That is, if you think glaze is something worth seeing, lol) 

At least it's something wintery.

10 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

Cooked a ham for dinner and went outside of chuck the bone in the woods (yeah, I'm trash. I know) . ...almost busted my ass, it's slick out there!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

LOL.  I do the same thing.

I was just looking at the radar and saw things were picking up back out that way.  I hope you can hold onto the cold for a while.  Enjoy.

Up to 28.6 at the pit.

8 minutes ago, dendrite said:

30F with -ZR here. Hopefully we climb above 32F before sunrise because I don't want another messy commute for a little freezing drizzle.

Just hit 30F here so the climb is on, albeit slowly.  Treacherous right now.  I for one certainly do not have a freezing rain fetish like some on the forum.

Getting some wild temp swings depending on the amount of mixing. When the wind picks up we shoot up to 45F. When it calms down we drop back down into the low 30s. The top of my hill was warm, wet, and higher vis. Halfway down I hit the fog and then at the bottom it was a skating rink.

Archived