Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December pattern/forecast thread

weathafella

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

GEFS really robust with that. But remember, storm tracks are not just decided by Ak ridging. SE ridge may flex too. But, if you want snow, gotta play with fire in December. Certainly better than seeing a black hole up there.

True.  But it was among the better GEFS runs overall for us.   Higher heights there and lower here.  I'll run with that and take my chances any day of the week.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Nice to see GEFS even more robust with the ridging north of AK this run.

yeah...even more robust with the SE ridging too - ... 

i'm actually at a loss as to why the sucker won't come down.   science fiction novelist in me wants to blame it on GW ... i mean it's frustrating, because the entire sub-tropical girdle of the hemisphere won't get off the summer high horse... 

folks don't seem like they are acknowledging what i'm talking about.  either they don't care, or if usual...i have no idea how to explain it. 

anyway, it's amazing to see the incredible cold to warm thickness flip flops all the way through the run because of that interference pattern.

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah...even more robust with the SE ridging too - ... 

i'm actually at a loss as to why the sucker won't come down.   science fiction novelist in me wants to blame it on GW ... i mean it's frustrating, because the entire sub-tropical girdle of the hemisphere won't get off the summer high horse... 

folks don't seem like they are acknowledging what i'm talking about.  either they don't care, or if usual...i have no idea how to explain it. 

anyway, it's amazing to see the incredible cold to warm thickness flip flops all the way through the run because of that interference pattern.

I get it......it means a lot of great potential will be deconstructed to a degree in the mid range for the foreseeable future.

Not uncommon in la nina seasons.

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I get it......it means a lot of great potential will be deconstructed in the mid range for the foreseeable future.

Not uncommon in la nina seasons.

yeah, waste pretty much. 

is this a bona fide Nina though - last I heard the climate models and so forth was easing off the throttle on that...  

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah, waste pretty much. 

is this a bona fide Nina though - last I heard the climate models and so forth was easing off the throttle on that...  

Initially we had some el nino type forcing, but it has assumed more of a traditional la nina like configuration in the tropics.

It is meager, though.....so hopefully that damn ridge will give some.

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Not in the current set up. Not till things change. And that's ok

All guidance has one or more cutters in the next 10-12 days.   If we're lucky it will just be fropas but my $$ is on at least one whopper with a few hours of 50s/60s and people throwing stuff around the house.

33 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yeah, waste pretty much. 

Nina is really lame right now.  Unless it is expected to pop back up, I am skeptical of these forecasts with a mighty SE ridge.

sst.daily.anom.20161204.gif

Archived