joxey
Hello new board

JC-CT

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Tenman Johnson said:

Terribly slow loading on I phone

once again this is not really an upgrade but rather an experiment in upgrading with too many bugs 

No loading problems noted today.  This may be on your end.

22 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Got it!  You need to select the quote box so it's highlighted (in blue on PC)  and than you can backspace it out of your reply.

that still doesnt work on macs.  the board is literally broken. the only thing that removes quotes is posting them then deleting the post.

to wow's credit, this is an ipb4 issue, as Rjay has told me and google searches have confirmed.

15 minutes ago, cmasty1978 said:

big problem with the mobile skin on phones is that ads don't always resize, producing situations like this pretty frequently (using iphone +chrome)

DZoAjNu.png

Yes, I've seen that before but I'm talking more about a way to make the mobile skin almost text only where its stripped down to basic info only.....like how it worked before....and for those that donate there shouldn't be ads anyway.

23 hours ago, ice1972 said:

Yes, I've seen that before but I'm talking more about a way to make the mobile skin almost text only where its stripped down to basic info only.....like how it worked before....and for those that donate there shouldn't be ads anyway.

No they shouldn't.  I checked that.  This is now a responsive html skin.  That's the way to do things now with web sites with so many different screen sizes from phones to tablets to desktops.

59 minutes ago, iceman56 said:

I'm on IE 11.0.      Since the upgrade I don't get the last read post flags on the thread.      This doesn't happen in Firefox, or at home on aol.

Is there something I need to set?

Haven't test with IE.  Are you forced to using IE?

Are you still working on things?  I really hope so as the site is now really slow and sluggish compared to how it was before. I use an iPhone and am not going to pretend to be uber tech savvy not have the time to try a million fixes but before the mobile site was fast and I could quickly get on and read a thread and post and be done in a few minutes. Since the upgrade it takes forever to load and is sluggish and making a reply takes forever. If it stays this way I won't be able to continue to use the site. I can't take 20 minutes to try to read a thread and post a couple comments. Please get it back to the speed it ran at before. 

12 hours ago, canderson said:

It's almost unusable on my iPhone and iPad. The blue BG must be a massive resource hog because when you scroll it gets blocked out and overlaps the forum. 

It's doing it as I post this too. 

Scrolling isn't smooth at all, it's jumpy as hell. 

The blue bg is just a css color. I'm writing this on an iPad. I notice trying has a delay. Not sure if that's the site or the iPad. Otherwise it's fine

5 hours ago, Wow said:

The blue bg is just a css color. I'm writing this on an iPad. I notice trying has a delay. Not sure if that's the site or the iPad. Otherwise it's fine

On the bottom the similar content widget seems to take extra long to load. Also have the same issues with the long ads.

2 hours ago, Wow said:

So are the slow downs only on iphones?  

No.  On my MacBook Pro running the Chrome bowser.  It runs great for hours then gets real slow for an hour or so.  To the point where timeout errors occur. Then it suddenly takes off again and runs fine until the next time.

Archived