joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
All-purpose Thunderstorm Discussion Thread

weatherwiz

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as a hardened experienced of New England's singularly unique tendency for completely f^*(&^* up an otherwise decent set of parameters...

i'd have to go ahead here and think nothing happens because of timing and spatial idiosyncrasies - 

that big exhaust plume of raining cirrus N of that dying MCS between White Plains and Danbury out there may as well be a giant convective dildo - 

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

as a hardened experienced of New England's singularly unique tendency for completely f^*(&^* up an otherwise decent set of parameters...

i'd have to go ahead here and think nothing happens because of timing and spatial idiosyncrasies - 

that big exhaust plume of raining cirrus N of that dying MCS between White Plains and Danbury out there may as well be a giant convective dildo - 

I just went home for ten minutes and looked at models. There's nothing to be substantially excited about east of BDL and ORH. 

But hey.. "Enjoy". 

15 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Davis had a 14.77 in/hr during that storm, pick up 0.96 inches in less than 30 minutes. Wind and lightning was incredible too, now all I hear are sirens going.

I was watching the intensity of the lightning activity in Newtown on a live lightning display web page, and it did look particularly impressive.

Did you get super high winds as well? I know that you mentioned winds, but do you have a max gust recording on the Davis unit? I'm not in Easton at the moment, so I'm wondering whether the winds were a factor there. I didn't see anywhere near as many lightning strikes in the Easton area as in Newtown, though. The UI outage map looks pretty quiet for Easton.

6 minutes ago, adamrivers said:

It rained hard here in Hamden for about 3 minutes and is down to a boring drizzle. 

Yeah, about the same here. Disappointing, but I had zero expectations anyway.

Edit: heh, radar shows that line just completely died right over me. So it goes.

4 minutes ago, radiator said:

I was watching the intensity of the lightning activity in Newtown on a live lightning display web page, and it did look particularly impressive.

Did you get super high winds as well? I know that you mentioned winds, but do you have a max gust recording on the Davis unit? I'm not in Easton at the moment, so I'm wondering whether the winds were a factor there. I didn't see anywhere near as many lightning strikes in the Easton area as in Newtown, though.

31 mph on the Davis, but it is well sheltered...our road is currently closed due to downed tree

24 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

Does this clutter now in CT screw up the stuff behind it in eastern PA?  Figures...

Yes. The eastern PA stuff doesn't have trajectory for here anyway. We need to watch the NW. This cirrus cover doesn't help. Reminiscent of FL without cap. Early convection dies and leaves milky sky cover that results in scattered convection if enough erodes away.

Archived