• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June 2016 General Discussion

Hoosier

For the first time since the 2012 Summer, I pulled out the Sprinklers to water the grass this evening. In fact, I've been seeing Sprinklers going everywhere lately.

Still, it's frankly a bittersweet feeling. On one hand, I'm loving the consistently Warm/Sunny weather, but on the other hand, the sheer lack of t'storm action is frustrating.

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It has been almost perfect in the rainfall department around here in the late spring/early summer time period. No super soakers and just enough rain when things begin to dry out.

It may be a matter of perception, but we haven't seen any appreciable rain on the weekends for several weeks, leading to glorious, sun-filled, normal or above normal temperature weekends.

It has been almost perfect in the rainfall department around here in the late spring/early summer time period. No super soakers and just enough rain when things begin to dry out.

It may be a matter of perception, but we haven't seen any appreciable rain on the weekends for several weeks, leading to glorious, sun-filled, normal or above normal temperature weekends.

same here

really rocking the best climo lately

Pretty sweltering out there with temps near 90, and mid 70 dews.  What a difference the dews make.  We've had many days this spring and summer near 90 that were actually pretty nice.  Big difference between low 50 and mid 70 degree dews.  

Corn is now over my head in many fields, and I'm about 6ft.  Crops look excellent across the board, even with some isolated fields that were flooded up some from the extreme rains a week or so back.  

Pretty sweltering out there with temps near 90, and mid 70 dews.  What a difference the dews make.  We've had many days this spring and summer near 90 that were actually pretty nice.  Big difference between low 50 and mid 70 degree dews.  

Corn is now over my head in many fields, and I'm about 6ft.  Crops look excellent across the board, even with some isolated fields that were flooded up some from the extreme rains a week or so back.  

92/75 at MLI 

Dew is in the 60s here but should get that muggier air in here tomorrow.

I feel for those with out a great lake next to them.   Best climo's we have indeed.

Gorgeous day with the lake breeze and not a cloud to be found.  Doing the Dew with it inching up past the mid 60's though.  Next week is about as good as it gets and we're already nearing the 4th..  Bring on Fall thoughts soon :sled:

I feel for those with out a great lake next to them.   Best climo's we have indeed.

Gorgeous day with the lake breeze and not a cloud to be found.  Doing the Dew with it inching up past the mid 60's though.  Next week is about as good as it gets and we're already nearing the 4th..  Bring on Fall thoughts soon :sled:

Didn't get too much relief here today. Most uncomfortable right now actually. 80/72 currently. Hoping for some good downpours tonight.

Monday is going to be sort of an odd day here temp-wise.

Despite 850mb temps cooling to around the 14*C to 16*C range, the peak sun angle combined with desert-like mixing heights and downsloping should still yield temps around 90*F or hotter.

Was just looking at that.  NAM has mixing potential to like 600 mb here.  850 mb temps around 19-20C.   GFS less impressive.

It is suddenly very wet over here.  I picked up another inch of rain overnight.  My June total is up to 8.07".  It's ridiculous how wet, year after year, June has become.  Take out the 2012 drought year, my average June rainfall total is averaging 8.60" over the last decade.  My avg is 8" even including the drought year.

After two separate rounds of thundershowers, just over an inch of rain fell... lush, green, thick woods.  Starting to get that peak Summer feel and look where everything is flowering and getting ready to seed.  Lounging in the sun yesterday afternoon on chipmunk patrol, one, then two, then three young fawns came out of the waist high ferns along the drive and played in the yard for a few minutes before disappearing back into the woods.  They never saw me, or perhaps they have come to the conclusion that I'm not a threat. 
The sweetness of Summer!

Beautiful description of your Saturday afternoon, Bo.   Hard to believe in less than 5 months you'll be in full snow mode and those fawns will have their winter coat. Boy does time and life fly by.. Enjoy your summer!

Still spitting some rain..  Only came down hot and heavy for the first 10 mins so this rain was a nice one to soak in.. we needed it as I was fixing to hook up the sprinklers today for the first time in yrs.  Not much rain in the forecast so hopefully this will tide us over until maybe something pops up after the 4th.

some outflow showers and storms blossoming over the metro, was expecting a shutout but looks like we'll see another widespread soaking

best climo

Barely got anything here.  :lol:

Not very optimistic about afternoon prospects.  Better chances farther south/east.

91/74/104 right now, it's pretty brutal outside. Chance for a boomer later today, we'll see what happens. Will be nice to have a break from the heat and especially the humidity this week, Tuesday night with a forecasted low of 53. Definitely giving the AC a break and cracking those windows.

91/74/104 right now, it's pretty brutal outside. Chance for a boomer later today, we'll see what happens. Will be nice to have a break from the heat and especially the humidity this week, Tuesday night with a forecasted low of 53. Definitely giving the AC a break and cracking those windows.

That makes the 91*F/70*F/97*F here (especially under a thick cirrus canopy) seem like child's play. :lol:

That's the 4th day so far this year above 90 at DTW. There were only 2 90-degree days in the previous three Junes from 2013-2015.

InJune 2012, we had 9 days above 90 which is even more impressive than it was at the time, in hindsight. 

If we touch 90 again tomorrow that will tie the total of 90 degree days reached in June of 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014 and 2015 combined (5)

Archived