• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid-Atlantic GTG - Please see new Thread

Deck Pic

Last month Always in Zugzwang had mentioned a possible summer get together for our forum and I agreed it would be cool to do something.  Maybe at a metro accessible sports bar or something like that.  On a weekend afternoon or evening.  

To that end, if you'd be potentially interested in joining, please answer the following poll.  It is multiple choice.  Perhaps we can find a weekend that works the best for most.  Obviously no weekend will work for everyone.

EDIT - Will be Saturday, July 30th in DC suburbs (Maryland)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can you come north some? like midway between DC/Baltimore?  

... DC is such a haul for me :(

For ease of transportation, people drinking, etc, I think something accessible by public transportation makes the most sense, but I am not opposed to MD if that is an agreeable option.  Greenbelt or Silver Spring or Rockville might be easier for you?  Unless it is better for the group as a whole, I don't think some place like Columbia is ideal.  But I am open.

Oh, I get the need to be near metro, definitely makes sense for many. 

But MD is easier for me than DC itself. Even if its a haul.

Just adding my two cents... in case it works out to where I can actually come :) 

Thanks for setting this up!  Sounds like it could be fun.

I can probably manage sometime most any weekend, myself, except for mid-August and the weekend of Jul 15.  Metro-accessible in or near DC would probably be good for many I'd assume (in spite of the upcoming closures/track work!), but certainly Rockville is a good 2nd alternative if somewhere in MD is better than downtown DC for most.

can you come north some? like midway between DC/Baltimore?  

... DC is such a haul for me :(

Thanks for making it easier on me Mappy!  :whistle:

It will be a haul for me wherever it ends up. I COULD possibly do the July 1-4 weekend as I'll already be up that way for the Journey/Doobie brothers concert on the 2nd depending on the date/time. The last weekend in July works (and what I voted for) too.

I'm out of town around that time, but I will probably be home in time to catch the later meet up time, so I voted for that.

I've been to that Buffalo Wild Wings :P Not one of their bigger locations, but it should work. Easy enough to get to. Those driving will probably have to pay for parking (like $2-3).

I'm out of town around that time, but I will probably be home in time to catch the later meet up time, so I voted for that.

I've been to that Buffalo Wild Wings :P Not one of their bigger locations, but it should work. Easy enough to get to. Those driving will probably have to pay for parking (like $2-3).

I'm open to any ideas.  Though I think someplace that is accessible by public transportation makes sense.  Though I could always get a zipcar if need be.

I'm open to any ideas.  Though I think someplace that is accessible by public transportation makes sense.  Though I could always get a zipcar if need be.

I could give positive reviews to places around the Twinbrook metro... Fuddruckers, Hooters, Matchbox, TGI Fridays. Probably would go with Fuddruckers or Matchbox out of those.

I could give positive reviews to places around the Twinbrook metro... Fuddruckers, Hooters, Matchbox, TGI Fridays. Probably would go with Fuddruckers or Matchbox out of those.

I think we should reserve a room or section of a large bar/restaurant with drink/food specials.

Looks like some time over the weekend of 7/29-31 makes the most sense.

Either weekend should work for me, but looks like it's narrowed down to this one at the end of July.  We looking at either a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon/evening, I'd assume?  Sunday probably wouldn't work.

Buffalo Wild Wings sounds OK though most anything reasonably accessible (metro or driving) is fine with me.  Long as the drinks and food are good, hahaha!

Either weekend should work for me, but looks like it's narrowed down to this one at the end of July.  We looking at either a Friday evening or Saturday afternoon/evening, I'd assume?  Sunday probably wouldn't work.

Buffalo Wild Wings sounds OK though most anything reasonably accessible (metro or driving) is fine with me.  Long as the drinks and food are good, hahaha!

Let's do Saturday 7/30, late afternoon, like 3 or 4 pm.  I'm open to suggestions on location, but I think metro accessible in MD seems to be the most sensible choice.  Preferably somewhere that is easy to park with enough space to mingle.

People can either make it or they can't.  But that seems like a weekend that works best for the most people who have responded.

Archived