Total Members
    Most Online
    kgottwald
    Newest Member
    kgottwald

April 3, 2016 Snowblitz Observations

Wot?

That's gonna' flip and grip.

Oh ya? Flip and grip? We'll see......if the I get woken up by 5 and 8 yr Olds cuz of thunder you'll be a hero otherwise GFY.....

Game on here now too,,,transitioning to snow as type this. Huge fat flakes!! I stated hearing less rain pouring and thought is it changing over, and sure enough it is!! Wow this could be fun!! Changing over right at 3 am..earlier than I thought.

Changeover Conplete!! Complete silence, and very heavy snow that is accumulating instantly. Fat huge flakes with temp dropping fast. Cars covered and roads slushing up instantly. Impressive!!

Everything covered-roads, trees, cars everything. Is pouring snow. Oh and Thundering now too!! This may over perform!

There will be blizzard conditions if any type of wind a company's this heavy snow.

The changeover was complete in like 5-8 minutes-from pouring rain to heavy snow just like that.

Heavy snow and 36, but heavy enough to stick easily. Tolland must be getting smoked.

I should add I just woke up - not much wind yet and temp is down 4 degrees in 30 minutes. Some of the heaviest and fattest snow I've ever seen! No thunder yet... But I like the obs to my west

Got three hours of fitful sleep and glad I set the alarm early. Radar is looking better by the minute. Actually kind of reminds me of ML Magic '15 in reverse. Looking at a long loop on COD, you see last night's line go through to the south, wash out along the Ct shore and then start to whip back north as the storm approaches, whereas in '15 it whipped north through Boston before pausing in Maine and then heading back south as the storm matured. Anyway, very cool. Time to put the coffee on.