• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter Wx threat March 1-2 (best chance north)

ORH_wxman

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boy,  we just can't win this year.   Interesting to see on last nights WMUR weather broadcast that the last 3 months  (Meteorological Winter) was the warmest by a whole degree in record keeping for Concord NH.  Pretty hard to do that for a 140 year period.

In Farmington, 1932-33 held serve, by a whopping 0.30F, with this past DJF in 2nd place, 2001-02 in 3rd.  Only 123 years, though.

I think that GYX snow map has some hiccups, as it gives me a little more snow (4-6") than Jackman (3-4"), and has a little snow hole (2-3") in The Forks, also a jack (6-8") just west of Farmington. 

Driving through Springfield MA seeing MA DOT traffic signs advertising WWA Tue-Wed. Doesn't seem like a big enough deal for that but it must be protocol. Just putting blanket Tue-Wed is a bit misleading but no more space on the signs I guess.

Must be expecting some ice?

Do the dogs use the snowmobile trails?

I'm not directly involved, but I think for the most part they run the snomo trails, plus some stretches of purpose-built trail.  Can recall hearing of our former (when we lived in Ft. Kent) back-to-the-woods neighbors helping to clear branches from trails for the mushers, which wouldn't have been necessary on maintained sled routes.

I'm not directly involved, but I think for the most part they run the snomo trails, plus some stretches of purpose-built trail. Can recall hearing of our former (when we lived in Ft. Kent) back-to-the-woods neighbors helping to clear branches from trails for the mushers, which wouldn't have been necessary on maintained sled routes.

The race trailmap covers some of what we've ridden this year.

In Farmington, 1932-33 held serve, by a whopping 0.30F, with this past DJF in 2nd place, 2001-02 in 3rd.  Only 123 years, though.

I think that GYX snow map has some hiccups, as it gives me a little more snow (4-6") than Jackman (3-4"), and has a little snow hole (2-3") in The Forks, also a jack (6-8") just west of Farmington. 

Sometimes we're slaves to the tools we run on the grids. Day shift had some issues I guess.

Basically that map is just mirroring the coldest temps forecast (in your classic CAD areas).

I wish we wouldn't just shrug and send that forecast out anyway, but rather edit it to what we really think will happen. The swing shift has been chipping away at it. 

Right where I expected probably closer to the zero

LEW isn't that far from GYX, and our sounding was already perilously close to 0oC above 850 mb at 00z. It was saturated up there too, so not a lot of wet bulb hope. Most likely some sleet or snow/sleet mix at best at onset.

LEW isn't that far from GYX, and our sounding was already perilously close to 0oC above 850 mb at 00z. It was saturated up there too, so not a lot of wet bulb hope. Most likely some sleet or snow/sleet mix at best at onset.

Seasonal caveats apply, That map made very little sense

Archived