joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Spring severe weather chatter

Ian

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has scattered activity anytime after 22 or 23z and then a steadier slug of rain behind that activity. 

12z 4km NAM is basically the same, looks like isolated discrete storms around 21/22z, then a line/complex comes through towards midnight

It's really not a great setup for keeping the wedge in place all day, so I'm fairly optimistic that we can heat this afternoon and then take advantage of the good forcing and instability that should be in place for the early evening, but I should really know better than to be optimistic in this scenario.

It's really not a great setup for keeping the wedge in place all day, so I'm fairly optimistic that we can heat this afternoon and then take advantage of the good forcing and instability that should be in place for the early evening, but I should really know better than to be optimistic in this scenario.

As a side note - I think we should start a "WxWatcher007 Theory" test thread. So far I think all of us are fitting right into the scheme ;):lol:

Indeed.   The predictability of our levels of enthusiasm today is FAR more predictable than the actual event.

As a side note - I think we should start a "WxWatcher007 Theory" test thread. So far I think all of us are fitting right into the scheme ;):lol:

Interesting SPC update removing DC from the slight. Still 2% tor tho

Looks like main threat is Heavy Rain, DC and North/East are taking a while to get sun. West/SW of DC has better chance of severe. HRRR has been aggressive with Rain for all. Initial Development is around 6:00pm.

I'm feeling alright about today. Could squeak in a few severe reports around the greater D.C. region, with isolated stuff continuing along and a bit east of I-81. Shear's decent enough, and instability is looking good, even with the later push up through the previously-CAD-stricken areas.

I feel like any time we are near the northern edge of the slight area and cloud cover is a concern, the event always underperforms. I saw the slight risk area this morning and figured anyone north of Central Virginia was probably not going to see much.

Archived