• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Last Hurrah for Winter? Late Winter/Early Spring Banter

dmillz25

There seems to be strong consensus that Sunday morning will be cold and very wet. Of course it could change, and I hope it does, but I have to start preparing. Having trained for the race, it will be a very bitter pill to have that come on the heels of a warm and dry stretch.

Also, my wife will give me hell and tell me I shouldn't run it.

Good luck. I give you credit. I hate running.

Would the city snow if it moved a little east from that position?

It would most likely have to be a bombing low near the benchmark .

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sloppy, a bit further East and much weaker. Way to much confluence initially squashes everything and keeps things rather meh. The area gets brushed by light precip on Sunday which could be in the form of snow with accumulations mostly restricted to SNJ and Long Island.

It looks like it gains strength near SNE.

This is rain changing to snow for NYC Metro on the Euro - similarities to the March 19 -21 , 1958 storm - that storm had marginal temps to work with just like this storm but was very intense like this storm which could generate more cold air at all levels

ecmwf_z500_mslp_us_8.png

AllSnow: the model that my team and I are creating will be called MAM aka most reliable model.

It goes operational June 2016

Amazing! Can't wait to see the finally product. the weather community is not going to know what hit them.

I think the name MRM makes more sense, you can have that for free tony.

This will probably set the euro behind decades! Let's rename it to the MRM

i mean name is not important if it's not accurate. We're literally using all the other models and satellite imagery combined with water vapor loops to come up with a forecast. But the name is MAM for most accurate model. I made a type earlier. We'll see what happens but I'm excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i mean name is not important if it's not accurate. We're literally using all the other models and satellite imagery combined with water vapor loops to come up with a forecast. But the name is MAM for most accurate model. I made a type earlier. We'll see what happens but I'm excited

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sprinkle a little 4dvar in their so we have the MAM on roids

AllSnow: the model that my team and I are creating will be called MAM aka most accurate model.

It goes operational June 2016

Do us a favor and be the first to program a model with artificial intelligence so it can correct its own mistakes.

Archived