• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 23-25 Potential Storm

Ralph Wiggum

Ens means look good, several teleconnections are looking promising, MJO going thru phases 7-8, energy coming thru a trof in the East which wants to go negative. I don't use the op models at this range but on one side is the warm GGEM, GFS in the middle, and Euro op a decent snow hit. Lots of time to track but some type of storm almost appears a certainty at this point.

Discuss here.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25 miles N and W of the Philly. Everyone else have some cold rain.

I'm definitely still leaning towards a N and W of I95 snow event but really no sense trying to pinpoint specifics at this range...those are just my feelings on this one right now. Fact is, we have a storm to track that carries an accumulating snow potential for part of the region. That's the important thing to know at this time.

I'm definitely still leaning towards a N and W of I95 snow event but really no sense trying to pinpoint specifics at this range...those are just my feelings on this one right now. Fact is, we have a storm to track that carries an accumulating snow potential for part of the region. That's the important thing to know at this time.

I'm personally going to keep riding the long-term trend...95SE and some areas closely north and west.

Just now, Glenn didn't sound very impressed....who knows? Still ways to go...

Haha he was even more unimpressed last evening at 6 pm which, as my wife pointed out, seemed a direct slam-down of Sheenas 5pm "SNNNNNNO is on the way next week!" forecast.

She went on to show the graphic with 46f highs with rain/snow. She repeated her "SNNNNNNO" forecast at 11pm...

We'll see.

I'm personally going to keep riding the long-term trend...95SE and some areas closely north and west.

That sounds about right huh, don't forget if these locations get rain MOST of PA does too....

There are only three tracks these days, lakes cutter, rare inland runner and benchmark. The tight coastal hugger has gone extinct.

I don't know....the more I analyze the ens means it is becoming clearer to me that the Sunday-Monday energy rolling thru will be crucial in terms of filtering in colder air behind it, the depth/location of the cold HP behind the energy, and also serve to setup the baroclinic zone somewhere just off the coast. What I've concluded since 0z last night is that there now appears to be a better setup of cold air trying to establish itself prior to the midweek system.

I don't know....the more I analyze the ens means it is becoming clearer to me that the Sunday-Monday energy rolling thru will be crucial in terms of filtering in colder air behind it, the depth/location of the cold HP behind the energy, and also serve to setup the baroclinic zone somewhere just off the coast. What I've concluded since 0z last night is that there now appears to be a better setup of cold air trying to establish itself prior to the midweek system.

Bernie Rayno seemed to hint at that with his video earlier today, especially on the Euro

Dammit Jim....we're losing her. Ops GFS and CMC came in West and warm/rainy and the respective ens means are in the same camp. Euro Op also seems to have come West, haven't seen the EPS. N and W of I95 elevation snows looking more and more likely for now anyway.

NYC and Philly get several inches on the Euro

Archived