joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Presidents Day storm Part 2

Ji

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NAM is still very very wonky, extremely tight temperature gradient, about 35 degrees max at the American Legion Bridge, about 40 degrees max at Nationals Park, hits upper 40s in Aberdeen, MD, still a nice thump for Baltimore and West/SW.

Very reminiscent of Dec 26,2012. Never broke freezing here, almost hit 50 in Balt.

It's a bad run if you want to have any snow otg when the storm ends. I know some don't care about that but many do.

I think we all care but will take whatever is served. Will be happy to even see snow considering the Euro run is up soon. Tough to eat this dry burger when we had prime rib few weeks back.

This type of track is one that is a concern for areas west of BR. Looking closely at thermals on the maps, basically the 81 corridor is the dividing line between all frozen or changing to a very cold rain. No sleet at all with the signature. It's either snow, rain or ZR. Looking at the NAM profile for HGR, it's all frozen for the city with a really bad stretch of ZR the final 6 hours to the event ending. I know some on here don't care about at all for this system due to the rain washing away any front end snow, but for others west of Frederick, it's going to be a close call for a nasty end to the system. Cold air wraps back in behind the departing low as well, so things would stay frozen into the night. 

Archived