• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Model Mezzanine, the 2nd installment

Typhoon Tip

Agree. Select few have this ocd admiration of the damaging nature it can cause. But they would have a different take if a tree fell on their car or house. Until it happens to them, it's a marvelous idea.

Here is where I think the appeal lies: Rain is just plain boring, unless accompanied by high winds.

So if you cant have snow or a high wind rain storm, then the ice is ok because it's News worthy if alot falls, and it will damage everything which is a fetish to some with a damage fetish. It will be hyped as it approaches so that has appeal, and it will highly disrupt life as we know it, so that will also cause headlines and media to go nuts with the system.

Like so many know who have been in a serious Ice storm, the excitement and fun soon wears off when your out of power and freezing your Arse off. But that's where I think the appeal/excitement comes from. I don't need and ice storm that's for sure. Bring the snow....please.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Big run of the Euro coming up. If it holds it's ground, that's a nice sign.

If it goes cutter, game may be changing for the worse for most here.

We'll know in 20 min.

You don't typically see the Euro making and radical shifts in one direction or another from run to run, So i would not expect it, Something more subtle i could see in any given direction but it still would not raise an eyebrow at this time frame

Here is where I think the appeal lies: Rain is just plain boring, unless accompanied by high winds.

So if you cant have snow or a high wind rain storm, then the ice is ok because it's News worthy if alot falls, and it will damage everything which is a fetish to some with a damage fetish. It will be hyped as it approaches so that has appeal, and it will highly disrupt life as we know it, so that will also cause headlines and media to go nuts with the system.

Like so many know who have been in a serious Ice storm, the excitement and fun soon wears off when your out of power and freezing your Arse off. But that's where I think the appeal/excitement comes from. I don't need and ice storm that's for sure. Bring the snow....please.

I get the fascination of it. I can understand why someone would like it. Heck, I did back in 93/94 in CNJ where it was ice storm after ice storm. But the moment a tree fell on my brother's and dad's car colectively, it was no longer as fun to play street ice hockey with my neighbors. Yes, that's what insurance is for, fine. But it's still a nuisance to go through it. Thankfully I've never had power failure for days or weeks like others in ice storms but I can imagine it's not a good time. I wouldn't want to go through it, that's for sure.

You don't typically see the Euro making and radical shifts in one direction or another from run to run, So i would not expect it, Something more subtle i could see in any given direction but it still would not raise an eyebrow at this time frame

Well at day 7+ it can def make a large swing.

Didn't look but its close to staying all snow just looking at the surface maps but its light

Looks like an inch or two...esp elevations...but even valleys should snow on that. Not a huge hit, but there's potential for something more on that setup...a little blowup south of LI is always something to watch. A Lance Bosart special.

Looks like an inch or two...esp elevations...but even valleys should snow on that. Not a huge hit, but there's potential for something more on that setup...a little blowup south of LI is always something to watch. A Lance Bosart special.

Its definitely something to watch, I know the GGEM had a stronger solution, That would be a good hit down your way

Yeah that's a little different than the GFS showing 6" near the Canadian border :lol:.

Archived