joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th-9th Obs/Discussion Thread

mappy

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It seems like us DC folks are doing pretty good on temps... I see some 38s and 39s. Do you think we're better off than the GFS had us so far?

I use the NOAA Weather third party app on Android and every time I refresh the point and click current conditions it appears temps are steadily falling. Currently it shows 41 here. Not bad after it was like 45 within the last couple hours.

This storm will suck through at least 7am tomorrow morning might wake up to an inch if your lucky.  Some sort of a band will form just north of DC shortly after 7AM.  The it stalls over us and holds together, the better the storm.

If it quickly dissipates or moves northeast quickly, this will bust.

I am definitely NOT NAM-hugging.

With that safely out of the way, its going to be easy for this storm to overperform for MBY, when I conservatively expect a half inch of slush.

Those kinds of storms are the best ever, the ones that end up giving you more than you expected.

This temp has got to be wrong, no effin way it is correct, 37 degrees at Enterprise Elem on weatherbug..

No way I am that chilly when Arlington 20 miles north is 39. I'll just add four degrees. There, I'm 41 and cloudy.

That mean is being inflated by the insanely high members. Look at the large numbers of members that give us nearly nothing. I'd go with the lower end of SREF guidance since the mean tends to be too high in marginal situations.

There are quite a few giving nothing too. That's why there's a mean. In any event, if you're hoping for 10 inches like the Nam, then a bust is probably in your future.

I am definitely NOT NAM-hugging.

With that safely out of the way, its going to be easy for this storm to overperform for MBY, when I conservatively expect a half inch of slush.

Those kinds of storms are the best ever, the ones that end up giving you more than you expected.

I'm hugging the HRRR.... not calling a bust or anything like that, but just keeping expectations in check

Archived