joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8-9th Miller Boom or Bust Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that is an issue any longer.  We still have to worry about temps and precip intensity  especially where you and I live, not so much for out luvr and friends west and north.  Well, they might have to worry about intensity though it seems they almost always do better than expected in that regard.  Jason and I are tag teaming on the event.  Wee were already lamenting that this is goign to be a bust waiting to happen no matter which way we end up going with our forecasts. 

Lol. It's like going into Court with an absolute loser no matter what you do. Boy, do I, along with every other lawyer who's ever stepped foot in a courtroom, know that feeling. Welp, going to feel like springtime for you with all that hedging that's needed! But it won't matter, because people will still read from it what they want to. Good luck.  :)

Am I one of the few that is seeing more spacing between the Midwest energy and the SE Coast energy with the first wave off the SE Coast around D+2 attempting to be the main show while the Miller B idea slowly loses its footing with that related energy acting more like a clipper reinforcing the cold behind the storm? Sorry for the run-on sentence/question :-)

Am I one of the few that is seeing more spacing between the Midwest energy and the SE Coast energy with the first wave off the SE Coast around D+2 attempting to be the main show while the Miller B idea slowly loses its footing with that related energy acting more like a clipper reinforcing the cold behind the storm? Sorry for the run-on sentence/question :-)

I was wondering that earlier. If the ocean storm were to just come straight up the coast, what would the temps be like? That is a pretty juicy storm.

I hope not because if that first low is the main player our area is pretty much out of play.  There is a limit to how far west that can come with that northern stream vort diving in behind it.  They are way to spaced to phase so acting as a kicker is the only option.  I could definitely see the stj system getting close enough to impact NYC and Boston, but for DC to Philly its probably a lost cause.  I would root for that thing to get lost as fast as possible if I were you. 

The vort pass is good, the rest mostly sucks. Hard not to favor the Euro the most and even it might be too snowy.  Trough is so broad .. going to need some luck to get anything great here.

I hope not because if that first low is the main player our area is pretty much out of play.  There is a limit to how far west that can come with that northern stream vort diving in behind it.  They are way to spaced to phase so acting as a kicker is the only option.  I could definitely see the stj system getting close enough to impact NYC and Boston, but for DC to Philly its probably a lost cause.  I would root for that thing to get lost as fast as possible if I were you. 

It seems to be trending the wrong way though now PSU.

it is, I see what everyone else is seeing, but a trend can reverse at any time.  And that is what I think we better be pulling for.  I know its tempting given the direction things are going to get sucked into the idea that "maybe the southern storm just comes all the way up" and nothing is impossible but if you just look at the H5 I just can't see how that has much of a chance.  That next vort coming in is way too close to give it that much space to correct west, last nights euro was probably close to the western side of the possible envelope and it got no where near us, just enough to help Boston out.  If that trends more west most likely it might just help NYC and places along the immediate coast and thats about it.  What may be possible, but its a LONG shot, is to get some partial phasing between the two systems and bomb out a miller b hybrid.  A few ensembles show something like that so its at least  on the table.  I dont see much of anything that suggests that stj system could just run the coast enough to directly effect us in a significant way.

Agreed and the 'kicker' is having less of an influence and is lagging behind more and more each run. Not sure if this is a trend, if the energy is just getting better sampled, or what... .but N and W has been the trend all winter and I don't see any reason this will be different. Anyone recall (dare I say) Jan 25, 2000? Different setup aloft but some eerie similarities at the surface. I'm keeping really close tabs on the SE low to try and become the main player.

it is, I see what everyone else is seeing, but a trend can reverse at any time. And that is what I think we better be pulling for. I know its tempting given the direction things are going to get sucked into the idea that "maybe the southern storm just comes all the way up" and nothing is impossible but if you just look at the H5 I just can't see how that has much of a chance. That next vort coming in is way too close to give it that much space to correct west, last nights euro was probably close to the western side of the possible envelope and it got no where near us, just enough to help Boston out. If that trends more west most likely it might just help NYC and places along the immediate coast and thats about it. What may be possible, but its a LONG shot, is to get some partial phasing between the two systems and bomb out a miller b hybrid. A few ensembles show something like that so its at least on the table. I dont see much of anything that suggests that stj system could just run the coast enough to directly effect us in a significant way.

The fact our normally progressive Navgem continues to key in on the SE Coast low to be the main show and come farther North should raise some eyebrows. Havent seen 12z yet tho. It has been very consistent in not sending it OTS.

Archived