joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 2/5 Coastal Storm Obs/Discussion Thread

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The column should cool with the heavier rates considering how cold it is aloft, if heavy enough snow falls at night even at 32-33 it will accumulate everywhere. We have seen this before many times in March where it there's heavy wet snow that sticks to everything despite being warm the previous day.

The column should cool with the heavier rates considering how cold it is aloft, if heavy enough snow falls at night even at 32-33 it will accumulate everywhere. We have seen this before many times in March where it there's heavy wet snow that sticks to everything despite being warm the previous day.

100% agree with this. This is a light rain to a paste job for the eastern half of the subforum IMO. The areas to the west will be colder but there's less precip. The NNJ posters (east of MMU) should still be able to get at least a couple inches out of this.

We don't need sub freezing. It'll be 34-35 with heavy wet snow. Accumulation on pavement will take a while though. In the city probably not at all

I think it will accumulate but people are throwing around things like warning criteria event and even though I think someone could approach 6" I wouldn't expect a majority of the area to come close. I'm sure people will be bashing the NWS left and right later when most people are in an advisory and not a warning.

So you re-posted exactly what I just said, thanks. 

Huh 

" The Euro max res has NYC sitting at 35 degrees at 12z Friday and 32 at 15z but by then precip is over"

That`s not  implying little in the way of  accumulation  @ KNYC ? 

35 would mean non accumulating S and by the time it`s " cold enough " ITS OVER . 

Were you implying 2-4/ 3-5 at KNYC ? 

I missed that ..

Huh 

" The Euro max res has NYC sitting at 35 degrees at 12z Friday and 32 at 15z but by then precip is over"

That`s not  implying little in the way of  accumulation  @ KNYC ? 

35 would mean non accumulating S and by the time it`s " cold enough " ITS OVER . 

Were you implying 2-4/ 3-5 at KNYC ? 

I missed that ..

I didn't say anything about accumulations at all. I was just pointing out the BL temps.

I said it once and I'll say it again, everyone here needs to be extra cautious with throwing snow predictions out. It doesn't matter if you're inland where the cut off on precip could be quite pronounced or further East where temps might be an issue. I think the odds of NYC seeing 1"+ are high, 3"+ are moderate and 6"+ low.

I said it once and I'll say it again, everyone here needs to be extra cautious with throwing snow predictions out. It doesn't matter if you're inland where the cut off on precip could be quite pronounced or further East where temps might be an issue. I think the odds of NYC seeing 1"+ are high, 3"+ are moderate and 6"+ low.

From what I'm reading, I agree. Advisory probably warranted.

Archived