joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 2/5 Coastal Storm Obs/Discussion Thread

Zelocita Weather

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.75+ QPF for NYC with more towards the East.

That's not all snow, though. In any event, I doubt people - at least in most areas - will be too affected, as marginal temps probably won't allow it to accumulate on paved surfaces.

2014 was a different animal. We got nearly a foot of snow, and if I recall correctly, temps were in the teens when the snow was falling. That will not be the case this time.

That's not all snow, though. In any event, I doubt people - at least in most areas - will be too affected, as marginal temps probably won't allow it to accumulate on paved surfaces.

2014 was a different animal. We got nearly a foot of snow, and if I recall correctly, temps were in the teens when the snow was falling. That will not be the case this time.

Most of it is snow and people are going to be caught offguard

Yeah I figured. After last winters misses they are rightfully playing it conservative. We had that one storm last winter where we had a warning and I watched flurries fly all night.

I understand the thinking but with a 6" snowfall possible with no advanced warning (not saying post a wsw) just a "50% chance of rain/snow" it is rather irresponsible, 1"+/hr snows while people are going to work could get ugly.

Archived