• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Jerry Korkos
    Newest Member
    Jerry Korkos
JoshM

February 2016 Banter

ATL got 11" in early Jan 1940 and then 8 or 10" in late Jan ? Man that sounds like an epic winter. Didn't think ATL had ever had 20" in a winter.

I looked up climo numbers at work today. Did ATL really see no snow in the 02-03 winter or are those numbers wrong? That's remarkable if true given it was an El Niño with good blocking, that comes off as more a surprise to me if they ultimately don't see 2-3 inches this winter because that was a weaker Nino than this and the STJ is basically non existent vs 03

I looked up climo numbers at work today. Did ATL really see no snow in the 02-03 winter or are those numbers wrong? That's remarkable if true given it was an El Niño with good blocking, that comes off as more a surprise to me if they ultimately don't see 2-3 inches this winter because that was a weaker Nino than this and the STJ is basically non existent vs 03

Yes I'm seeing 0 snow for ATL in 02-03.  Looks like they got some light icing in the Dec '02 storm (big ice storm to their northeast)

It is correct. We picked up a fluffy inch in January with a clipper but it died south of Marietta.

Anybody been to philly? Heading there tomorrow for work. Fly in for 10 hours and fly back. Have time to eat lunch. Any suggestions.

like Philly cheesesteak? I'd give Pats or Geno's a try.

I think Fishel is scared to death to talk about winter weather anymore.

I can understand that.  You have the euro that has been showing a strong storm that cuts to give us rain.  Now you have the 18z gfs taking a step towards that as well.

I think Fishel is scared to death to talk about winter weather anymore.

I watched him talk about it this am and there is an article on the website outlining the most probable senario, ehcoing what you`ve been hearing here all day.

I'm driving down highway 70 west near Smithfield and I see salt on the roads. Am I missing something?...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On their twitter page 5 hours ago...

Crews are out brining problem areas that are prone to ice in Johnston County as a precaution.

I asked "for what, Friday's possible icy conditions?"

Afterthought, though.... there is a lot of weeping in road seams from recent heavy rains and soil content. Possibly for black ice conditions?

On their twitter page 5 hours ago...

i40_bigger.pngNCDOT I-40 ‏@NCDOT_I40

Crews are out brining problem areas that are prone to ice in Johnston County as a precaution.

I asked "for what, Friday's possible icy conditions?"

Afterthought, though.... there is a lot of weeping in road seams from recent heavy rains and soil content. Possibly for black ice conditions?

I guess, my wife asked me the same question?

Anybody been to philly? Heading there tomorrow for work. Fly in for 10 hours and fly back. Have time to eat lunch. Any suggestions.

How much for Philli?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I watched him talk about it this am and there is an article on the website outlining the most probable senario, ehcoing what you`ve been hearing here all day.

It's pointless. The guy hates Fishel and dogs him or anybody else or any model that doesn't show the maximum amount of snow in his back yard. It's always Fishel's fault for not hyping a 7 day out winter storm when there's massive uncertainty. It's always the models' fault when they don't show snow that ends up not falling not anyway. It's the "debbie downers'" fault for being too negative and not running around like a mindless puppy dog going balls to the wall full on snowstorm all day every day.